Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what is it with all-these on-line only games coming out this year I mean games like need for speed star-wars battlefront and rainbow 6 all these games have had great single player experiences in the past I actually prefer single player games for the most part so why is everything going on-line only I might have to start buying consoles for a worth while single player campaign sorry rant over.

ReputationRep:
    Battlefront single player was basically multiplayer gameplay just with AI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Battlefront single player was basically multiplayer gameplay just with AI.
    Yeah ok granted but what about need for speed and rainbow 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

LoL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    Yeah ok granted but what about need for speed and rainbow 6

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't know about need for speed but presuming its all just racing so basically the exact same. Rainbow 6 I have no idea about. Really with shooters either multiplayer is the main thing because single player is **** or its the other way around. Though obviously multiplayer is more profitable so that's why they focus on just that.

ReputationRep:
    battlefront will probs be ****, They cut out so much stuff. Its gonna be 100% DLC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    battlefront will probs be ****, They cut out so much stuff. Its gonna be 100% DLC
    Beta was a lot of fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Beta was a lot of fun.
    that may be but still its unacceptable how they stripped battlefront completely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    that may be but still its unacceptable how they stripped battlefront completely
    I like the new battlefront. Only thing I did on 2 was the galactic conquest because ps2 had no proper multiplayer. Also customisation is more fun.

ReputationRep:
    I nearly never played the Battlefront games online, but played them constantly on single player. The AI are far more fun than real people.

The problem with online is that real people will take advantage of quirks in the game. So basically rather than experiencing an epic battle, you just see people hopping around non-stop (moving target), glitching through walls or camping.

Even more annoying relatively recently, what with the trend of giving people who have already played the game for hours better equipment. Guy who has played it for 1000 hours with best gun vs guy who has just started with **** gun = newbie shoots experienced guy twice in the head with rockets, experienced guy turns around and kills newbie with shotgun to the leg from 100 metres away. Fun!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.