Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help me please computer help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to open some files from a CD ROM and when I put it in my computer it spins and then I look in my files and there is nothing there. I updated to Windows 10 and now I am regretting it so much because I need those files for school work, please help me

ReputationRep:
    CD could be dirty/damaged

ReputationRep:
    Hmm try cleaning the cd.. failing that ensure its not the actual drive by testing another disk in it.

Let me know your findings so I can help you troubleshoot it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    Hmm try cleaning the cd.. failing that ensure its not the actual drive by testing another disk in it.

Let me know your findings so I can help you troubleshoot it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I tied a few CDs and they are okay I'm pretty sutr it's the drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionax0)
    I tied a few CDs and they are okay I'm pretty sutr it's the drive
    Well it can't be the drive if other CDs work lol.. its a bad CD if you're not convinced try the CD in another computer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it's a bad CD mate.

OP you should think about storing your work in the cloud - i.e. Google Drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    Well it can't be the drive if other CDs work lol.. its a bad CD if you're not convinced try the CD in another computer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean they work otherwise just not on my computer, i realise my wording was a bit dodgy but it is 100% the drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionax0)
    I mean they work otherwise just not on my computer, i realise my wording was a bit dodgy but it is 100% the drive
    Ensure there isnt an issue with the drives driver by going in device manager.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.