Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I am a first year Chemical Engineering student at UCL
    I am currently considering doing the Meng Degree which is four years.
    Does anyone know whether I can do a Msc (prob, computer science) after the fourth yr for a year.???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuty123)
    Hi there,
    I am a first year Chemical Engineering student at UCL
    I am currently considering doing the Meng Degree which is four years.
    Does anyone know whether I can do a Msc (prob, computer science) after the fourth yr for a year.???
    'can do a Msc' in what sense? Not sure why you think you couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jantaculum)
    'can do a Msc' in what sense? Not sure why you think you couldn't.
    so can i do four years on meng in chem eng then a one yr msc in computer sci??
    i thought u could only do msc fourth yr?????

ReputationRep:
    so can i do four years on meng in chem eng then a one yr msc in computer sci??
    i thought u could only do msc fourth yr?????
    You can do a one year MSc in computer science (conversion course) after any relevant course, whether it's a BSc or a MEng or any other suitable background.

Maybe you're thinking about funding? You won't get student finance for the MSc from either option, whether you do the fourth year or not. This is because there isn't any funding for Masters degrees unless you are one of the rare lucky ones who gets a scholarship.

ReputationRep:
    You can do a one year MSc in computer science (conversion course) after any relevant course, whether it's a BSc or a MEng or any other suitable background.

Maybe you're thinking about funding? You won't get student finance for the MSc from either option, whether you do the fourth year or not. This is because there isn't any funding for Masters degrees unless you are one of the rare lucky ones who gets a scholarship.
    So for my Meng fourth yr student finance wont fund me??? damm

ReputationRep:
    So for my Meng fourth yr student finance wont fund me??? damm
    If you are on a four year undergrad masters then yes, they will. Student finance covers all four years of an undergrad masters. But not any subsequent Masters

ReputationRep:
    If you are on a four year undergrad masters then yes, they will. Student finance covers all four years of an undergrad masters. But not any subsequent Masters
    oh ok, i am on the 4 yr.. btw do u go UCL so is this same all unis?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.