The Student Room Group

What are some ways to brag about your wealth?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Canterbury bloke
Wear an understated watch and drive an understated car, but not a Volvo if you are younger than 50. Flash cars and watches prove you are a show off who is a crap shag. All you have to do is behave politely, tip well, be confident and stand up straight. She will know.
Make out that you are dripping with cash is not the way ahead.
Women are not as thick as you think.

Cool. Do you have any recommendations for watches?
Something from the 40s or 50s or a terrible Casio digital from the 70s
The wealthiest people tend to life ordinary lifestyles they also spend money on things other than cars. You can't buy class.
Original post by Awesome Genius
I'm not rich, so I guess this is just a hypothetical for when I do become rich.

But what are some ways that you can get across that you're minted without making it look like you're a bit of a tosser? And I'm talking about a stage before you can take her to your flat - ie in order to get to that position. So talking about "my place" is out.

Like - a nice watch, a nice car (can I offer you a lift etc), nice clothes, latest iPhone 6s Plus 128 GB, would having a lot of cash in your wallet make any difference ?

As I have proven in a lot of my threads (especially the one about Doctor vs rich housewife) a lot of girls only want a rich husband - that's basically their plan A, plan B, plan C etc. So I think the suggestions in this thread are vitally important to dating.

The first (and probably most important) way to make sure that you don't look like a "tosser" is not to buy ridiculously flashy clothes and accessories. For instance, I was once the kind of person who bought gold-plated shoes and whatnot, but I soon realised that such a person cannot possibly be viewed as dignified. Consequently, even though I still have a taste for "expensive" brands (e.g. Louis Vuitton, McQueen, Louboutin, Versace, Gucci, TAG, etc), I now only buy the subtle-ish things that they make. The idea is that people who are "in the know" will appreciate it, whereas the ones that aren't will still think "wow, that looks expensive".

Your car is really important, too. I think mine isn't too flashy, and it is perfect for attracting just the right amount of attention. If I had a Ferrari then I would certainly look like a "tosser" :lol:

And yes, it's essential to have the latest tech. Alongside that particular phone you mentioned, I have an array of high-end products which complete "the look". Obviously an M4 wouldn't look so good if you had an iPhone 5C in your pocket :tongue:

The moral of the story is this: you don't have to get in everyone's face to indicate your social status, because then you'll look like an attention-seeker with something to prove.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wear a Rolex.
Choose an upmarket bar and pick up the tab for every person present that day: unlimited free drink, wine and cocktails and as much as they can take - all on you. Swag around with your styled hair and chiselled face and you'll be sure to turn many a head. Then at 11:45 sharp have your chauffer drive up outside in your Rolls-Royce Phantom and you'll have a positive crowd after you that night. They'll be hanging out the windows as you slip back to your mansion and pools for the most wild night you'd never forget...
Tbh most people i know who brag about their wealth don't tend to be that rich. The real rich are not that insecure unless they're "new money".

Car - easily leased
Clothes - nope
Watch - could be fake
Phone - monthly contract, even a Mcdonald's employee can do that
Cash - could be a drug dealer

OP you got no hope. Sorry. You're trying to find meaning in a superficial means of value.
Glad we have started to get some serious discussion instead of just slagging off good ol AG.
Reply 68

But what are some ways that you can get across that you're minted without making it look like you're a bit of a tosser? And I'm talking about a stage before you can take her to your flat - ie in order to get to that position. So talking about "my place" is out.

Like - a nice watch, a nice car (can I offer you a lift etc), nice clothes, latest iPhone 6s Plus 128 GB, would having a lot of cash in your wallet make any difference ?

As I have proven in a lot of my threads (especially the one about Doctor vs rich housewife) a lot of girls only want a rich husband - that's basically their plan A, plan B, plan C etc. So I think the suggestions in this thread are vitally important to dating.

Step 1. Buy one of these:

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1634645192/100-Original-New-silver-full-font-b-iced-b-font-font-b-bling-b-font-font.jpg

But dont wear it - that's where a lot of people go wrong.

Step 2. Instead what you should do is then buy one of these:

http://www.okokchina.com/Files/uppic17/mini%20cooler(4Litres)281.jpg

Step 3. Now put the watch in the freezer, and carry the freezer around with you.

Then whenever anyone asks why you're carrying a freezer around, you say:

"coz my ice so cold I gotta keep it in the freezer" and then open the freezer and show them

Step 4. Guaranteed Pussy.
Original post by MAINE.
Step 1. Buy one of these:

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1634645192/100-Original-New-silver-full-font-b-iced-b-font-font-b-bling-b-font-font.jpg

But dont wear it - that's where a lot of people go wrong.

Step 2. Instead what you should do is then buy one of these:

http://www.okokchina.com/Files/uppic17/mini%20cooler(4Litres)281.jpg

Step 3. Now put the watch in the freezer, and carry the freezer around with you.

Then whenever anyone asks why you're carrying a freezer around, you say:

"coz my ice so cold I gotta keep it in the freezer" and then open the freezer and show them

Step 4. Guaranteed Pussy.

Lol or I could carry around lots of notes. Then people would ask me why and I'd save I have so much money that the bank ran out of space to store it.
Reply 70
Lol or I could carry around lots of notes. Then people would ask me why and I'd save I have so much money that the bank ran out of space to store it.

You'll go far, my son.
Reply 71

You honestly remind me of Elliot Rodger.

The way you talk about money, girls, etc.
1,Go to Eton
2,Get into Oxford
3,Join the Bullington Club

I've always been taught that humility is the best policy, and I firmly believe in that.

If you show off a lot then don't you think you'll just be letting the wrong kind of people into your life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest