Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys, I just wanted some advice so please be nice! Basically, I'm still kinda stuck between whether to go to university (mainly because there aren't many options around where I live for apprenticeships, etc) and which subject to study; fashion design or photography. I'm leaning toward photography more but there's still that niggling part of me that wonders if fashion would be better. I'm aiming to complete my UCAS application soon but I still can't decide. One uni has said they'd allow me to send two applications both for fashion and photography so there's that I guess. Any tips if you've been there, etc, would be amazing. Thanks!

    You dont need to go to uni to study photography, if this is what u want to do then there will be a course somewhere near you, and then you need to build a portfolio.

    dont listen to the person above. studying photography at a university can be really beneficial and can give you a head start in the industry compared to people who are self taught due to connections the university may have. you'd also have access to a lot of equipment you wouldnt have access to otherwise because its so expensive and are then able to learn a lot of different types of practices of photography and you'll be much more employable then people who only know how to shoot digitally. maybe do a fashion photography course if you still want to be in both the fashion and photography industry? either way if you're looking into any type of photography course i'd give falmouth university a look. or look at the university for any art or design course in general.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2015
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.