Turn on thread page Beta

I got 9As at GCSE. Is it worth applying? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 and desperately want to do medicine. does anyone have any advice ... what would you say is the most important part about applying.

I achieved 9 As and in my GCSE's and I know that's quite low for a medicine applicant but I still have hope Anyone got any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    Generally most people applying for medicine get 5A*s 5As and stuff and I only got 9As . it worries me that unis will reject me because of this. I'm trying my very best to achieve A's at AS so that I have a chance for an offer I'm also doing the epq and do quite a bit of extra curricular and volunteering . do I have a chance be honest please

ReputationRep:
    you just answered ur own question- u have 9A's and u need 5A*/A's and u have that so yh defo

ReputationRep:
    Of course you do, just make sure to apply smart and don't apply to the universities that priorities good GCSEs. For most medical schools, they just see if your GCSEs are better than or equal to the minimum requirement, and then move onto more relevant information

ReputationRep:
    yeah you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adeleisthebest)
    you just answered ur own question- u have 9A's and u need 5A*/A's and u have that so yh defo
    no no I mean you need 5A*s and 5As

ReputationRep:
    are u joking these are more than enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitababy)
    no no I mean you need 5A*s and 5As
    You do not need 5A*s and 5As, that is an absolute lie! Do some research into the different medical schools, and you'll see that you have a fantastic chance of getting in if you get the right experience/AS grades/UKCAT score/BMAT score

ReputationRep:
    These grades are absolutely fine, just make sure you avoid GCSE-heavy universities and that you focus this year as good predictions/high UMS can make a big difference and compensate for your GCSEs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.