Turn on thread page Beta

Do you base who you date based on what your parents would think? watch

ReputationRep:
    Linking in to a previous question I have asked, have you ever not dated someone because you think your parents may not approve? Or do you not pay too much attention to how your parents may view the person you are dating? Discuss

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david_94)
    Linking in to a previous question I have asked, have you ever not dated someone because you think your parents may not approve? Or do you not pay too much attention to how your parents may view the person you are dating? Discuss
    The types of people I would date (a little while in the future; I'm a bit young just yet) would probably be more 'traditional' chaps, therefore my parents would be more likely to be accepting of them. I would not consider my parents' ideas when dating, however if they did not approve of them, it is likely that they would not be the sort of person that I would date anyway.

ReputationRep:
    well i'm really into girls and my parents are kinda homophobic so i think that answers your question

i never even think about it. it's my life at the end of the day¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, and I find it fairly amusing when people do.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzad0gs)
    well i'm really into girls and my parents are kinda homophobic so i think that answers your question

i never even think about it. it's my life at the end of the day¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Glad to hear you;re not letting your parents prejudices hold you back from happiness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Glad to hear you;re not letting your parents prejudices hold you back from happiness.
    that's so sweet thank you

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.