Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The interviews are nearing and I thought now would be a good time to start preparing. Does anyone have any general tips for an interview & especially for CompSci?

ReputationRep:
    Read as widely as you can. I was at a regional teacher conference before and the oxford tutors actually shared with the teachers (who will then share with their students) what the interview process is like and what they expect and want to hear from exceptional candidates.

A lot of it is about being able to think laterally and apply current knowledge to novel situations as well as problem solving skills.

Try to get your hands on as many past interview questions as you can too and try your hand at them (my friends use a website which provides quite a lot of past interview questions for free, PM me for details).

It will generally start with easier questions and then go harder, definitely into territory which you might be unfamiliar with. The easy questions at the start are to ease you in. If you want to you should read interview blogs on other people's experiences too (PM me if interested once again)

Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.