Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I just thought I'd start this thread so that those of us with interviews for Schools Direct placements can share our experiences.

I have recently been offered an interview for a schools direct placement through Sheffield Hallam university. This will be my first teacher training interview and I am absolutely dreading it! Mainly because I have to do a numeracy pre-entry test and I haven't studied maths in almost five years. Has anybody done an interview through with Sheffield Hallam? Could you give me some idea of what to expect?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Apologies if I shouldn't be writing this in here but I need some advice regarding a school direct interview.

I have been asked to teach a 15 minute literacy lesson based on a book to 8 HA year 4's.
    I have chosen to have the children write a recipe for a potion based on George's Marvellous Medicine.
    Do you think this is a suitable task to use in the time frame?
    Also, would I benefit from having a cauldron/wooden spoon/potions to spark their imagination?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebeccaEC)
    Hi!
    Apologies if I shouldn't be writing this in here but I need some advice regarding a school direct interview.

I have been asked to teach a 15 minute literacy lesson based on a book to 8 HA year 4's.
    I have chosen to have the children write a recipe for a potion based on George's Marvellous Medicine.
    Do you think this is a suitable task to use in the time frame?
    Also, would I benefit from having a cauldron/wooden spoon/potions to spark their imagination?
    I think that sounds like a really good idea, you could try and incorporate things like alliteration too.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.