The Student Room Group

Uderrated band/artist

Scroll to see replies

Again, not current.

The Comsat Angels

[video="youtube;BrYXixknFbs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYXixknFbs[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rhiannonm25
The only ones I've ever been to is MGMT, lana del dey and Vampire weekend, I'd say mgmt was the best. I'm lucky though, I live in Glasgow city so there's gigs on CONSTANTLY

You are so lucky! The nearest for me is the Oxford O2 academy and the only decent band I like that's been there is twenty one pilots (last saturday! *Cries at how good it was*)

OMFG VAMPIRE WEEKEND ARE AMAZING BUT THEY HARDLY EVER COME TO THE UK!! I'm so jealous!
Reply 42
Original post by CoolCavy
DDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHTRRRRRRY!!!!!!!!!!!
also Cryoshell :h:

lol after everyone mentioning them i decided to check it out

they have a song called superman

they mentioned lois lane

i'm sold

(as a huge DC fangirl i approve... well batman>superman but still supes is amazing too :wink:)
Original post by ivybridge
Foster The People, The XX, The Vaccines, Lana Del Rey and I think we all need to remember Amy Winehouse!

I love Amy Winehouse- her voice is like gold:smile:
Original post by z33
lol after everyone mentioning them i decided to check it out

they have a song called superman

they mentioned lois lane

i'm sold

(as a huge DC fangirl i approve... well batman>superman but still supes is amazing too :wink:)

:biggrin: join the daughtry societ plz!! :h:
listen to crashed, it is better than waiting for superman, in fact baptised isn't his best album imo, :h:
Original post by jamestg
You are so lucky! The nearest for me is the Oxford O2 academy and the only decent band I like that's been there is twenty one pilots (last saturday! *Cries at how good it was*)

OMFG VAMPIRE WEEKEND ARE AMAZING BUT THEY HARDLY EVER COME TO THE UK!! I'm so jealous!

There's just so many gigs I want to go to like Daughter and FIDLAR, but no friends who have the same music taste. :'(
Reply 46
Colton Avery... always a supporting act but never made it big time yet :P
There's just so many gigs I want to go to like Daughter and FIDLAR, but no friends who have the same music taste. :'(

That sucks so much:frown: I like hunt down my friends when I'm trying to get someone to come with me - spotify is great because it shows who listens to their stuff and Facebook likes are also pretty good!

Even if they're not like really into it chances are they'll come unless they only like one song of theirs:smile:
Reply 48
Original post by CoolCavy
:biggrin: join the daughtry societ plz!! :h:
listen to crashed, it is better than waiting for superman, in fact baptised isn't his best album imo, :h:

i really like his voice! it's nice and raspy but can be smooth and clear at the same time. Idk why but his voice kinda reminds me of nickelback X'D that's probably just me and that song lol. i like it though! :biggrin:

I know that feeling, I've had to go to so many concerts alone because none of my friends like the same music ;-;
I have one to go to alone on Sunday, hopefully I make friends with someone there...
Original post by z33
i really like his voice! it's nice and raspy but can be smooth and clear at the same time. Idk why but his voice kinda reminds me of nickelback X'D that's probably just me and that song lol. i like it though! :biggrin:

:ahee: he has a voice as dreamy as a choir of guinea pig angels standing in a river of custard singing about david tennant and rare birds :angelwings::moon:
Beach House, Cigarettes After Sex, 30s (they're impossible to find via google, if you wanna find them google either Stockholm Syndrome 30s or Sleepyhead 30s) also Shawn Wasabi
Original post by Rari-Chan
I know that feeling, I've had to go to so many concerts alone because none of my friends like the same music ;-;
I have one to go to alone on Sunday, hopefully I make friends with someone there...

Omg good luck:frown: I couldn't do that because the people there at the band I like would probably trample me
Original post by pizzad0gs
Beach House, Cigarettes After Sex, 30s (they're impossible to find via google, if you wanna find them google either Stockholm Syndrome 30s or Sleepyhead 30s) also Shawn Wasabi

I love Beach house :smile: I found out about them not long ago
Omg good luck:frown: I couldn't do that because the people there at the band I like would probably trample me

Tbh I'm pretty worried about that, I survived music festivals with friends where we've almost got trampled on but its different alone ;-;
But Its my favourite band of all time so I guess that makes up for it :3
Tbh I'm pretty worried about that, I survived music festivals with friends where we've almost got trampled on but its different alone ;-;
But Its my favourite band of all time so I guess that makes up for it :3

Ohh! What band is it???
FRANK ZAPPA!!!

Totally not current but his music is so interesting it's amazing.

https://youtu.be/jKE3ZLj7_V8

Also Scrapomatic have got some lovely blues songs and the lead singer has a distinctive and amazing voice!
(edited 8 years ago)
Ohh! What band is it???

The 1975 :smile: I've been waiting so long for them to come to my city for so long xD
Lana Del Rey underrated lmao, get out of here, she's popular af and her albums have all reviewed very well :confused:
The 1975 :smile: I've been waiting so long for them to come to my city for so long xD

They're awesome!!! Have fun!!

Quick Reply

Latest