Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Explore the presentation of Curley in Of Mice and Men? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can Someone help with a couple of paragraphs for this question^^^. I am completely stuck. My board is WJEC and i am aiming for A/A* for my C/A which is out of 40.

ReputationRep:
    I had to dig out all my literature notes from last year. Here goes

- Initial character descriptions are very important in of mice and men, upon Curleys first entrance he is described as 'like a boss, he wore high heeled boots.' This immediately asserts his desire to be dominant and his power-hungry nature is represented in his physical attire. Why did Steinbeck choose to describe Curley like a boss?

-He is presented as easily provoked and confrontational - upon seeing Lennie his 'hands closed into fists. His glance at once calculating and pugnacious.' What does this show about Curleys demeanor, is there a reason he has to act confrontational in order to validate his sense of power.

- And then finally there is a lot to say about Curleys end remark 'Right in the back of the head, he said softly' Curley shows his sense of satisfaction after killing Lennie but what does this show about his mental ignorance, why does Steinbeck choose Curley to believe he has won? Because, ironically, he has lost as he has failed to see the true win which is the legacy of Lennie and Georges friendship.

There you go hope this helped And if you need any more pointers I recommend sparknotes it's really good!

ReputationRep:
    _ariane29 thank you so much. Only thing is Sparknotes doesnt have Curley . But your points were amazing, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tej1229)
    _ariane29 thank you so much. Only thing is Sparknotes doesnt have Curley . But your points were amazing, thanks!
    Ah okay. . . not sure what I used can't remember I think there's a physical copy of the spark notes guide that has lots of info. And you're welcome hope you get your a*

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.