Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wanting to work in Young Offenders ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive graduated in Criminology and Psychology and obtained a 2.1. Right now I wanted to become a police officer so ive applied for the specials passed recruitment now just awaiting the training dates.

However Im wanting to go into any work with offenders, but what can I do ? Im currently doing a placement at a PRU. But where else can I work ? Ive looked at prison officer jobs however if im sucessful it will clash with the specials training as the prison officer training is for eight weeks in London.

What sorts of jobs can I get into, with not much experience ?

ReputationRep:
    You could volunteer on a Referral Order Panel. A Refferal Order is a first time offender community sentence where a volunteer panel discuss and set with the young person a schedule of rehabilitation sessions (with a youth offending officer) and reparation tasks that they will complete.

There used to be leaving custody support worker roles but I'm not sure if they still exist as non social work degree positions.

Do a Guardian Jobs search of youth justice roles to establish where you can get a foot in the door. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Ive graduated in Criminology and Psychology and obtained a 2.1. Right now I wanted to become a police officer so ive applied for the specials passed recruitment now just awaiting the training dates.

However Im wanting to go into any work with offenders, but what can I do ? Im currently doing a placement at a PRU. But where else can I work ? Ive looked at prison officer jobs however if im sucessful it will clash with the specials training as the prison officer training is for eight weeks in London.

What sorts of jobs can I get into, with not much experience ?
    hi i know this isn't relevant to your question but i just wanted to know what uni you studies criminology at ? as i am currently looking to do criminology and am a bit stuck as to which uni to choose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fozboz)
    hi i know this isn't relevant to your question but i just wanted to know what uni you studies criminology at ? as i am currently looking to do criminology and am a bit stuck as to which uni to choose
    Which unis are you looking at ?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.