Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone else like this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In classes I don't like putting my hand up and speaking because I can't be bothered, I just like taking everything in and I can be kind of shy

but when I have to present and speak in front of an audience i'm much more confident and enjoy it

confidence isn't just a spectrum, it's like a flaming Rubik's cube

ReputationRep:
    Sounds perfectly normal to me! People are so much more complicated than identifying as one feeling or personality trait because we're all different and have different experiences! I'm exactly the same, I can be really shy in lessons and at other times really confident and bubbly- it just depends on the environment and the situation I'm in. Most people aren't always mega confident and even the most outgoing people have probably been shy at some point. Don't worry about labels, just keep doing you and being yourself! x
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm the other way around

ReputationRep:
    Im the same, if im speaking in front of a dozen people I'm shy ~ let me speak in front of a couple hundred, and I suddenly get really charismatic

ReputationRep:
    This guy does that

<----------

ReputationRep:
    I tend to just whisper answers just in case it's wrong and I don't want to seem stupid so I'm not too bad answering questions in class. However when it comes to presentations in front of 5 people or 50 people, I get nervous.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.