Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester University Rejection watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off on the 4th and heard back from Manchester this evening. I applied for Economics and Politics. I knew it was a risk applying there as I didn't have the predicted grades to match the entry requirement, but my PS was pretty strong. I feel gutted that I didn't even make it to an interview. Feeling pretty **** right now. I've also received an email from Leeds Uni asking for an academic reference as my reference was by a recent employer. (I'm a gap year student) I can't really get a hold of anyone from College to provide me with a reference so there goes my Leeds offer. At this rate I'm honestly expecting all 5 rejections and I don't even think Economics would be available through clearing/adjustment at RG uni's. It's been a dream of mine to attend an RG uni, so I feel pretty crushed right now.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear, what about your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    Im really sorry to hear that and i know how u feel i got rejected by nottingham and leeds, you just need to remember that there is something good that will come out of it. Also u are still waiting for other choices to reply so dont get disheartened i also applied to manchester wer else did u apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbutterjam)
    Sorry to hear, what about your other choices?
    I haven't heard back from anyone else yet. The other three are: Southampton, Sheffield and Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiator12345)
    Im really sorry to hear that and i know how u feel i got rejected by nottingham and leeds, you just need to remember that there is something good that will come out of it. Also u are still waiting for other choices to reply so dont get disheartened i also applied to manchester wer else did u apply?
    Thank you and sorry to hear that as well.

I've also applied to southampton, sheffield and bham. What where your other universities and for which course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyx)
    Thank you and sorry to hear that as well.

I've also applied to southampton, sheffield and bham. What where your other universities and for which course?
    I applied for chem eng with foundation year and have applied for sheffield, manchester and hull hope we both get into sheffield.lol

ReputationRep:
    I applied for chem eng with foundation year and have applied for sheffield, manchester and hull hope we both get into sheffield.lol
    I visited Sheffield University last year and fell in in love with the place. I really loved the vibe at the Student Unions, so would gladly accept an offer from them haha. Hope we both get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyx)
    I visited Sheffield University last year and fell in in love with the place. I really loved the vibe at the Student Unions, so would gladly accept an offer from them haha. Hope we both get it!
    I know and i can imagine chilling and working there it would be so good lol i wish u get it tho

ReputationRep:
    I know and i can imagine chilling and working there it would be so good lol i wish u get it tho
    Hey!

I just got an offer from Sheffield I need two A's in Maths and Economics though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyx)
    Hey!

I just got an offer from Sheffield I need two A's in Maths and Economics though :/
    Thats well good and ull get 2 As dw hopefull i can get ABB and we can both go there 🙌🙌🙌🙌🎉🎉🎆
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Rubyx)
    I sent my UCAS off on the 4th and heard back from Manchester this evening. I applied for Economics and Politics. I knew it was a risk applying there as I didn't have the predicted grades to match the entry requirement, but my PS was pretty strong. I feel gutted that I didn't even make it to an interview. Feeling pretty **** right now. I've also received an email from Leeds Uni asking for an academic reference as my reference was by a recent employer. (I'm a gap year student) I can't really get a hold of anyone from College to provide me with a reference so there goes my Leeds offer. At this rate I'm honestly expecting all 5 rejections and I don't even think Economics would be available through clearing/adjustment at RG uni's. It's been a dream of mine to attend an RG uni, so I feel pretty crushed right now.
    I know of someone who got into Bath via adjustment - okay, it's not an RG uni but it's one of the best non-RG unis and they've been top for student satisfaction. So that's worth thinking about

ReputationRep:
    The Russell Group is made up for 24 universities. 8 of those are not within the top 24 ranked universities for this year. It's not a ranking of the best universities.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.