Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Looking for some guidance with applying for a part time job watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am looking for some gernal help, I am 17 Y/o currently studying 5 days a week in Sixth Form.
    A job I feel like I could somewhat enjoy; is a Grocery Customer Assistant at a Tesco 5 miles away from my home. Would this be ideal?

I am looking at the application for online, and I am struggling on what to put for Required Salary. A friend of mine who works for a Tesco in a different town in t opoite direction but slighlty further away said he gets roughly 5£/hour.

The job stats:
    Hours: 11.25
    Salary: Competitive
    Apply By: 10/11/2015
    Tesco: Skegness Shift Pattern: Thursday 16.00 - 20.00 Friday 16.00 - 20.00 Saturday 16.00 - 20.00

The timing is quite awkward because of the school days, but I should be able to miss a few lessons at the end of Thurday and Friday.

For this job how would I be paid? weekly? monthly? etc...
    I can drive but my problem is fueling, without a job it is quite difficult.

My friend was given the job pretty much immediantly and didn't require an interview, if I was required to go in for an interview; would I be ok to use my school clothes? i.e Dark grey Blazer and tge usal white shirt and black trousers?

Thank you /

ReputationRep:
    i dont think it would be a good idea to miss your lessons so you can work

ReputationRep:
    Don't miss lessons for work, maybe you could see if you could leave school early or you could start later if you were offered the job. If it's possible maybe just write minimum wage in the required salary?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That outfit would be fine, I believe Tesco pays monthly though I've never worked for them and whether it probably wouldn't be ideal if you need to miss lessons you wish to attend but if you have to work then you have to work.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.