Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I'm a first year law undergrad and I am planning to transfer to a uni which offers a year abroad in North America. I did some research, but it has proven to be inefficient so far, therefore your help would really appreciated.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bom667)
    Hi there,
    I'm a first year law undergrad and I am planning to transfer to a uni which offers a year abroad in North America. I did some research, but it has proven to be inefficient so far, therefore your help would really appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Why are you wanting to transfer? You'll probably have to start the course all over again. Whereas if you continued where you were (another two years), you would have to complete another four years - meaning you will have spent 5 years completing your course.

Will you be able to afford the year abroad? US law schools charge about $60,000/yr for tuition alone. Can you afford that? Have you looked into whether or not these schools have tuition scholarships to cover that cost or if they have special agreements with their US/Canadian counterparts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bom667)
    Hi there,
    Thanks!
    Nottingham has a link with University of Austin, Texas, Vancouver and Toronto and operates some sort of fee arrangement so you don't have to pay full fees

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    QMUL has a year abroad in Toronto or Austin, University of East Anglia too

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for your replays guys! I'll definetely look into them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.