Turn on thread page Beta

Fallout 4, should I? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've never played a Fallout game before. Of course Fallout is out tomorrow. I happen to have a £5 off voucher for it at GAME!

So having no experience with the series, should I get it with my nice perky discount, or not? And if so, why?

ReputationRep:
    No fallout sucks, its for people who have no life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, the price will drop by far more than £5 soon enough, at which point maybe then you will want to try it, or another Fallout. Play something else you already have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmertic)
    I've never played a Fallout game before. Of course Fallout is out tomorrow. I happen to have a £5 off voucher for it at GAME!

So having no experience with the series, should I get it with my nice perky discount, or not? And if so, why?
    You will be living in this game for the next few months. The entry price is worth it IMO.

ReputationRep:
    The real question is do you have the hours of real life to sacrifice? Fallout is a remarkable time sink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    The real question is do you have the hours of real life to sacrifice? Fallout is a remarkable time sink.
    Having the time isn't an issue. I love RPG's, I've sunk weeks of time in to games like Nino Kuni, Witcher, Tales of Zesteria. so that's fine :P

ReputationRep:
    Why waste £40+ on a single player game when you can get it online if you know what you are doing (pc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff

Fallout is the man, one of the greatest, most atmospheric games...if you have exams/dissertations coming up, do not buy it! If a first year, then fill your boots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdi112)
    Why waste £40+ on a single player game when you can get it online if you know what you are doing (pc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I did

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    That's what I did

Why? Because they're not scum that wants to steal from hard-working developers (Bethesda is one of the only 'good guy' developers left) by pirating their games.

ReputationRep:
    Fall out 4 is the most overhyped game of the decade. Only Destiny was more overhyped than fall out 4.

Is fall out 4 a bad game ? No it isn't
    I'd give it a 7/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Why? Because they're not scum that wants to steal from hard-working developers (Bethesda is one of the only 'good guy' developers left) by pirating their games.
    They rip people of with dlc anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Actually, I demo the game first and see if it's actually worth all this hype and then buy it. Since they don't give out demos.....

I have over 100+ games in my steam library

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I demo the game first and see if it's actually worth all this hype and then buy it. Since they don't give out demos.....

I have over 100+ games in my steam library

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure if that's what you do then I'm cool with it - but that isn't what your original post suggested. You came off as "get it online instead of paying 40 pounds" - but now that you've clarified, I'll give you a humble apology.

ReputationRep:

Nah, total waste of time.
    Bethesda always bring out buggy half made games and then say "oh, but the community will fix/complete it, which is a) a terrible attitude and admitting they can't make a proper game, b) shafted if you want it on the consoles.

You can see from the dropping score on Steam that people are finding bugs and just unhappy about the generic gameplay and dire graphics.

ReputationRep:
    Buy the game? Yes, if the genre appeals.
    Buy the game now? No

Wait, let Bethesda release a patch (or several) to fix the numerous technical issues that the game has, during which time the price should drop significantly. In the meantime, if you want an RPG, buy The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, which is probably the best game of the year (yes, ahead of Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V and anything else that I might care to name).

ReputationRep:
    Was Tales of Zesteria good btw? I love the series but I've heard the latest one is too derivative.

I have Fallout 4 on the PS4, and have about 60 hours of playtime and have yet to encounter any bugs or glitches at all. I've been enjoying it so far, though I've only really scratched the surface.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    if you want an RPG, buy The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, which is probably the best game of the year (yes, ahead of Fallout 4,
    Late but; not a fan of Witcher at all. Played a good 10+ hours and just can't get into it. The maps are barren and dull, quests repetitive and all the villages/towns look and feel the exact same.

Plus the character feels sluggish and slow to respond to commands, makes combat tedious.

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, I am planning to buy a good game after I finish my A level exams next year lol. A lot great games have come out this year and I have narrowed it down to two games:

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
    Fallout 4

Which one do you think is better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Late but; not a fan of Witcher at all. Played a good 10+ hours and just can't get into it. The maps are barren and dull, quests repetitive and all the villages/towns look and feel the exact same.

Plus the character feels sluggish and slow to respond to commands, makes combat tedious.
    The early game is probably the lowest point of it (not that it's bad IMO), but of course no game is for everyone. You may have chosen a skill combination that just doesn't suit your tastes, though - perhaps try going more towards the agility/speed-based skills, or mix things up with signs and alchemy.
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    Ok guys, I am planning to buy a good game after I finish my A level exams next year lol. A lot great games have come out this year and I have narrowed it down to two games:

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
    Fallout 4

Which one do you think is better?
    The Witcher III: Wild Hunt by a long way IMO - it has a fantastic story and game world, plus is technically in a *much* better position that Fallout 4 at the moment and significantly cheaper. Leave Fallout 4 for a few months and it'll drop in price and (hopefully!) see a few patches.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.