The Student Room Group

How important is attendance for current year 13's?

So I prefer working at home due to the level of distractions I get in school and my UCAS reference has been completed so universities has been given an insight of my attendance until now.
Is there really any point in having good attendance now?
Yes, it's called learning and not ****ing up your grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Vikingninja
Yes, it's called learning and not ****ing up your grades.

Some people are able to learn more on their own, and feel held back by their school.
Everyone likes to think that they are mature and consistent enough to learn it all at home, but actually only a tiny fraction of students can do self-study. And even if you can do self-study, why waste good education (which is free)? You can never be too confident about these things...
Original post by DisguisedToast
Everyone likes to think that they are mature and consistent enough to learn it all at home, but actually only a tiny fraction of students can do self-study. And even if you can do self-study, why waste good education (which is free)? You can never be too confident about these things...

Not to mention the subtle benefits of being in a group environment, no matter how much you may think this holds you back.

Good organisation from yourself combined with good attendance will see you secure your success rather than risk it in any way, OP.
P.S. If a problem befalls you, it's far easier for a teacher to explain it to you (the actual concept, not just ease from familiarity), then you trying to (find how to) explain it to yourself.

You'd probably get it wrong, or get something wrong, at least eventually, in all likelihood multiple things wrong as well.
Original post by ironandbeer2
Not to mention the subtle benefits of being in a group environment, no matter how much you may think this holds you back.

Good organisation from yourself combined with good attendance will see you secure your success rather than risk it in any way, OP.

I disagree there; a group environment can hold you back (not impossible.)
1stly in my German class.
Secondly if we do questions for one lesson in chemistry, far better by myself, rather go through more theory or be by myself doing my own things, like working on a computer (on chemistry of course.)
Original post by DisguisedToast

Your name.

Quick Reply

Latest