Turn on thread page Beta

Work colleague interested or not? watch

Announcements

So I started at a new job about 1 month ago. Basically there is a girl who sits opposite the guy who sits next to me. Basically diagonal to me.

Anyway, as I said I've been there for about 4 weeks now and I've noticed the typical signs of interest/attraction (or at least I think I have). For example she would always stop and look at me when I would talk to someone else, she would check if I was looking when she was talking, I would catch her looking at me etc., etc.

That was the situation for about the first two weeks. Unfortunately, it's been difficult to talk to her as even though we sit near one another, you can't really speak to her without talking loudly.

I'm certainly interested in getting to know her and find her attractive, however due to the difficultly of talking at work, I actually don't know her too well. I've also noticed that she makes an effort to say bye to me in the evening.

Even though I like her, I've been wary of pushing for a relationship in work for obvious reasons such as gossiping etc. So as a result I've been taking things slow. I'd just got a very promising new job and I didn't want this to distract me too much as I've been doing well. Things were going okay and I was happy enough until another guy started two weeks after me. He's single ( I forgot to mention she is), he is doing the same role as me. Obviously it's going to be far easier for him to talk to her as he's right next to her. It's pretty obvious that he really fancies her as its seems he's more interested in her than doing his job, although that could be my jealously talking.

She seems to like him and I've seen her checking him out and she seems to talk to him and flirt with him.

Today in work she seemed quite off with me and very 'on' with him. I saw them goth checking each other out regularly and they were laughing and joking a lot.

I have a feeling that she's lost interest in me or she never was interested and she was just being a friendly work colleague.

I've also noticed that the guy has suddenly stopped talking to me as I think he knows I'm interested in her.

What should I do? Risk her thinking I've lost interest even though I haven't abs simply want to take it slow due to the above reasons or change my tactics and let her really know I'm interested.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    You waited too long and she found someone who was actually going to do something about their attraction for her. If nothing else, take it as a lesson, if you find someone you really like then go for it - not just wait until it's convenient for you. All's not lost however, you still have a chance but you are going to have to make your move fast and hope that her affections have not all moved away to this new guy.
    Speaking from a girl's point of view, if I liked someone and he did nothing about it, I would lose interest. She gave you signs but nothing happened. Then a new guy shows up, giving her all she was looking for. You are now going to have to step up your game and give decent competition to be in with a chance of being with her - or of course you could just not bother and just let him get the girl.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I started at a new job about 1 month ago. Basically there is a girl who sits opposite the guy who sits next to me. Basically diagonal to me.

Anyway, as I said I've been there for about 4 weeks now and I've noticed the typical signs of interest/attraction (or at least I think I have). For example she would always stop and look at me when I would talk to someone else, she would check if I was looking when she was talking, I would catch her looking at me etc., etc.

That was the situation for about the first two weeks. Unfortunately, it's been difficult to talk to her as even though we sit near one another, you can't really speak to her without talking loudly.

I'm certainly interested in getting to know her and find her attractive, however due to the difficultly of talking at work, I actually don't know her too well. I've also noticed that she makes an effort to say bye to me in the evening.

Even though I like her, I've been wary of pushing for a relationship in work for obvious reasons such as gossiping etc. So as a result I've been taking things slow. I'd just got a very promising new job and I didn't want this to distract me too much as I've been doing well. Things were going okay and I was happy enough until another guy started two weeks after me. He's single ( I forgot to mention she is), he is doing the same role as me. Obviously it's going to be far easier for him to talk to her as he's right next to her. It's pretty obvious that he really fancies her as its seems he's more interested in her than doing his job, although that could be my jealously talking.

She seems to like him and I've seen her checking him out and she seems to talk to him and flirt with him.

Today in work she seemed quite off with me and very 'on' with him. I saw them goth checking each other out regularly and they were laughing and joking a lot.

I have a feeling that she's lost interest in me or she never was interested and she was just being a friendly work colleague.

I've also noticed that the guy has suddenly stopped talking to me as I think he knows I'm interested in her.

What should I do? Risk her thinking I've lost interest even though I haven't abs simply want to take it slow due to the above reasons or change my tactics and let her really know I'm interested.

Thanks in advance
    So you've not actually spoke to her?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.