Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

despite declaring my condition, course is not accomodating watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,

I hope someone can give some advice on this or share some similar experiences.

I went onto a post-grad training course after my undergrad, but I'm having no joy in coping with my condition as well as I did in my undergrad.

the course doesn't supply DSA which limits any support out of lessons. I miss seminars as I suffer from chronic pain and regular sickness from my condition. one of my teacher said I was "acting like a little girl" because I was on codiene and not really with it.

my tutor contacted me about missing classes and has forced me to come into on days I'm unwell. I deal with it, but I still get it in the neck from not being with it in class. I prefer taking the work home and learning independently where I can be comfortable. in jobs, it's fine because I get left alone to do my job. but here it's constant questioning.

the academic staff keep asking me if I'm bulimic, despite declaring my condition. they keep calling me unreliable, chaotic, and unmotivated. and I'm starting to become frustrated and upset on something I can't control.

the stress of this is also making me feel ten times worse. so my condition is naturally becoming more of a problem. I don't really enjoy having to leave lessons to be sick, but then I also don't enjoy being told off for doing it.

can anyone offer some advice please?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Have you been in contact with the disability support at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Have you been in contact with the disability support at uni?
    yes, they offered me extra time in exams and contacted all my tutors to tell me what's wrong with me incase I'm unwell in or for classes. but this hasn't really helped anything.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mcgreevy1993)
    yes, they offered me extra time in exams and contacted all my tutors to tell me what's wrong with me incase I'm unwell in or for classes. but this hasn't really helped anything.
    You need to talk to them again. I would also ask for the uni's complains procedure.

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to you with your troubles!

May I ask which university this is?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.