Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Got with a guy who had fancied me for a while, should I message him? watch

I got with a guy who had really fancied me for a while the other night, and we ended up getting to third base, and very nearly fourth (he really wanted to) but I decided I didn't want to at the last minute and left.

I haven't heard from him since, and I'm so embarrassed about it.

Have I blown my chances? Should I message him?

ReputationRep:
    send him an eggplant emoji

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got with a guy who had really fancied me for a while the other night, and we ended up getting to third base, and very nearly fourth (he really wanted to) but I decided I didn't want to at the last minute and left.

Lol yes, he probably wants you to text him, and might think he messed up or that you don't like him that much because you haven't said anything to him since. You've got nothing to lose!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't, but that's how I roll. You could send him a little text and see what he has to say, if you want.

ReputationRep:

I think what you did was perfectly fine, if you didn't want to sleep with him you didn't have to. The ball's in your court, if you want to see him again whether casually or romantically or even if you don't want to see him again, best to message him spelling your intentions out clearly. Removes any ambiguity, which often seems to be a problem with girls IMO.

ReputationRep:

I recommend you send him a short text telling him how you really enjoyed his company last night.

Don't mention anything about not having sex because that might make things awkward, just let him know that you had a nice time with him.

If he knows what to do from there he'll ask whether you're free to meet up this weekend or something... if he doesn't, drop a "heavy hint".

Do you want to date him?

(Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    I recommend you send him a short text telling him how you really enjoyed his company last night.

Don't mention anything about not having sex because that might make things awkward, just let him know that you had a nice time with him.

If he knows what to do from there he'll ask whether you're free to meet up this weekend or something... if he doesn't, drop a "heavy hint".

Do you want to date him?
    Yeah :/

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about how you feel, I'm sure he'll appreciate that you weren't ready but you do like him. Communication is key!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.