Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a prospective law student for 2017 entry to KCL Law. I am currently studying a BTEC Level 3 in Digital Design as well as self teaching AS and A2 law this year with intentions to complete another next year. I looked at their requirements which include a BTEC as well as two other A-levels at A* and A (and of course the LNAT). I am worried that I have now completely blown any chance of getting into this course with a BTEC.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could advise me at what to do here because I am completely stumped. Obviously I am going to study hard to get an A* in Law and I am predicted a D*D*D* in my BTEC. Advice on which A-level to do next year would be really great too. Just any advice in general would make me feel loads better about this whole situation haha
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

Thank you for your enquiry and interest in King's College London.

At this stage we are only able to comment on the BTEC entry requirements for the 2016/7 cycle, as these requirements may be subject to change in subsequent cycles.

For those students completing a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, the minimum academic requirement for the LLB (M100) programme for the 2016/7 intake is the achievement of DDM with eleven Distinctions and two A levels at grades A*A, or D*DD with fourteen Distinctions and two A levels at grades AA.

Provided applicants meet, or are predicted to meet, the aforementioned requirements in the first sitting (as we do not accept BTEC or A2 level re-sits for the undergraduate law programmes), then they will be considered eligible for an offer. Please note that as admissions to the undergraduate law programmes at King’s is highly competitive, meeting the minimum academic entry requirements does not guarantee a place on the course.

As you have identified, all applicants for the undergraduate law programmes are also required to sit the LNAT as part of their application.

The LLB programme does not have any compulsory or preferred subjects, so we will consider any A level subjects other than Critical Thinking and General Studies. I would advise you to pursue a second A level subject that you are likely to perform well in, as this will give you the best chance of meeting or exceeding the minimum entry requirements and therefore submitting a strong application for consideration.

Hopefully this helps with answering your enquiry. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our Admissions team on +44 (0)20 7848 7427 or email [email protected].

Best wishes,
    Jenna

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.