Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

why does my girlfriend keep having temper tantrums watch

ReputationRep:
    hi my girlfriend is 28 and she still has temper tantrums like a 6 year old, whenever things do not go her way she will throw and breaks things and scream and cry, a few months ago i acidently broke a cosetmic box of hers and she had a massive tantrum i keep telling her she is acting like a child she does not listen and keeps doing it, i am lost on this any help please

ReputationRep:
    Spoilt? Mental health problem?

ReputationRep:
    She is either a ****ty person who was clearly let to get away with that behaviour as child. Or she has a mental health problem. Either way it needs to be dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    She is either a ****ty person who was clearly let to get away with that behaviour as child. Or she has a mental health problem. Either way it needs to be dealt with.
    she not mentally ill she just not used to n=being told no its all to do with her parents

ReputationRep:
    Spoilt upbringing there is little chance of getting her to change in my experience. Never move in with a spoilt girl straight from her parents, insist that she learn to live on her own first.

ReputationRep:
    Do you spoil her OP?

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess... does something like this happen roughly once every... 28 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisguisedToast)
    Let me guess... does something like this happen roughly once every... 28 days?
    Periods are not an excuse for this behaviour. And only 2% of women actually suffer from genuine cycle related mood swings. I hate that women get tarred with this nonsese.

Edit: it's 3-8% of women, though another source said 3-5%. Even still evidently a very low number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james mead)
    she not mentally ill she just not used to n=being told no its all to do with her parents
    ****ty person syndrome then. I'd personally tell her to acknowledge her wrong doings and to work on it or I'm out the door.

ReputationRep:
    Periods are not an excuse for this behaviour. And only 2% of women actually suffer from genuine cycle related mood swings. I hate that women get tarred with this nonsese.
    Not meaning to be rude or anything, but where did you get this info from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisguisedToast)
    Not meaning to be rude or anything, but where did you get this info from?
    Woops statistic was slightly off it's 3-8%. Sorry for wiki page but my phone won't load studies for some reason.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMDD

I remember reading a meta study ( study of lots of studies) that looked into genuine mood swings related to thecycle ( this is very different to just being a bit irritable due to a tummy ache) and I specificallly recall the figure being 2% but wiki will have to do right now....stupid phone.

ReputationRep:
    She is a girl and girls do these sorts of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    She is a girl and girls do these sorts of things
    No. That behaviour is unacceptable, and I'm not inclined to behave as such just because I have a set of ovaries.

That's about as ridiculous as me saying in a rape thread "he was a man, men do these sorts of things". No the vast majority do not, as such I wouldn't say such a blatantly ignorant and disrespectful statement.

ReputationRep:
    No. That behaviour is unacceptable, and I'm not inclined to behave as such just because I have a set of ovaries.

That's about as ridiculous as me saying in a rape thread "he was a man, men do these sorts of things". No the vast majority do not, as such I wouldn't say such a blatantly ignorant and disrespectful statement.
    OP example 1 ^ of a girl going ape over the smallest of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    OP example 1 ^ of a girl going ape over the smallest of things
    ^ OP. Example of someone pandering to gender stereotypes and ignorance by trying and failing to look funny.

Good job. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ^ OP. Example of someone pandering to gender stereotypes and ignorance by trying and failing to look funny.

Good job. :rolleyes:
    I don't believe in feminism because I believe in equal rights

ReputationRep:
    Serious matter, a cosmetic box. Why not book her an anger management course as a quirky Xmas gift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Serious matter, a cosmetic box. Why not book her an anger management course as a quirky Xmas gift.
    Ironically I bet she'd lose her ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    adhd

ReputationRep:
    must be a *****

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.