Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm Picking my gcse's tomorrow i have already choose the ones i wanna do but theirs an extra one that i have to pick but all the other gcse's has nothing to do with when i grow up so i was wondering should i choose media studies or psychology the thing is i'm not that smart so should i go for something more easier like drama music etc

BTW.. the industry i wanna go into is IT

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't at all matter whether or not your GCSEs are related to what you want to do in the future. Most people either have no clue what they want to do or end up changing their mind - often multiple times. I picked what, at the time, would've worked well with my career plans but by the time year 11 came around I hated the majority of my options and couldn't wait to be done with them (and of course had a different plan entirely which ended up changing a further two times in year 12). So really pick what you enjoy! And there is no such thing as not being smart enough to do a certain subject- you might find there's one you struggle with and that's completely fine, doesn't at all mean you're stupid, doesn't mean you shouldn't have picked it. So take a look at the list of subjects again and really pick the one that sounds most appealing to you, other than what you already have. Remember that you have to study this for another 2 years, don't make it a subject you'll regret picking!!! I really can't stress this enough. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    im taking art and textiles but i want to be a doctor when im older (im in y11 currently) and i agree with the post above me. the gcses you take really dont matter because i assure you, your career choices will reaallyy vary from now and year 13 just choose gcses that you are good at and enjoy because at the end of the day gcses dont matter too much, all you need are the grades so just focus on that. subject choice only begins to matter at a level so youve got a while yet

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.