Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so i sent my application to bangor on october 16th and still no reply, was wondering if other have got offers from there yet. Also we can discuss the things

ReputationRep:
    Hi I received an offer today for Zoology with Evolution MZool. I applied on 14th October so hopefully you will hear from them soon.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by HeyaHaley)
    Hi I received an offer today for Zoology with Evolution MZool. I applied on 14th October so hopefully you will hear from them soon.
    Hey Congratulations HeyaHaley! May I ask you what predicted grades you've got and if it is a conditional offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CourtlyCanter)
    Hey Congratulations HeyaHaley! May I ask you what predicted grades you've got and if it is a conditional offer?
    My predicted grades are AAA and it is for 280 UCAS points.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    My predicted grades are AAA and it is for 280 UCAS points.
    With predictions like these, I'd imagine them offering you an unconditional offer?
    http://www.bangor.ac.uk/applied/unco...riteria.php.en

ReputationRep:
    With predictions like these, I'd imagine them offering you an unconditional offer?
    I just checked the criteria and I meet all of them so I'm confused also. :/
    Maybe I should e-mail admissions?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    That may be wise. :crossedf: Then again, they are not obliged to give out unconditional offers. :unsure:
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi everyone,

Since there seems to be a lot of discussion about unconditional offers from Bangor University here are some links providing information about the Unconditional Offers Scheme 2016:

List of subject areas taking part in the scheme:

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/applied/unco...t_areas.php.en

Full criteria:

Thank You

Ffion and Sera (Official Bangor University Reps)

ReputationRep:
    That may be wise. :crossedf: Then again, they are not obliged to give out unconditional offers. :unsure:
    They emailed me back saying that the School of Biological Sciences aren't part of the unconditional offer scheme.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Ah fair enough. That explains it. I'm sure you'll have no problem in getting those grades anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxbricxnt)
    so i sent my application to bangor on october 16th and still no reply, was wondering if other have got offers from there yet. Also we can discuss the things
    I'm a current Bangor student in my first year, it depends on the course as to when they offer you a place really! I sent off my UCAS application last December and I got an offer the next day. Many of my friends here at Bangor though sent off their applications around October time but didn't get an offer till end of November/December so maybe those months are their "offer" months?

Bangor may just be looking at everyones application. It's not just based on criteria, it's also based on your personal statement so they would have to look at every single application which may mean a slight delay :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxbricxnt)
    Hi!
    I applied on the 2nd of November for History and English Literature, and got an offer back on the 13th of November for 280 UCAS points, what have you applied to do can I ask?

ReputationRep:
    Ive had all 3 offers back from bangor now

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, I just got an unconditional to study Law

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Biology offer of 280 ucas points, applied early december received my offer today

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! I'm currently a first year student at Bangor studying Sport Science! I do hall tours for open days so if you want any information about how the applying to halls system works then feel free to comment below or message me! If there's anything else you want to know about Bangor then let me know! x

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.