Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for the Geology course at Imperial and have my 'interview' tomorrow. Any idea of what it's like/does anyone else have an interview then too?

ReputationRep:
    I have it too! :/
    I've applied for Math & CompSci
    I've heard from my friend (who's applied to engineering) that the interview itself is basically questions about your personal statement & overall it's pretty chill (I'm not sure how true this is, btw).
    I, on the other hand, am nervous as hell D:
    I'll see you tomorrow I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I've heard it was casual from some and really formal from others so I'm basically completely unaware!! Have you prepared at all?! I'm super nervous too!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have my engineering interview today as well!! I've got it for Electronics and Electrical Engineering, I have heard the same about the interviews..... Not sure what to expect tbh. I'm just going to go with it

Good Luck to you all!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishabh21)
    Hi!

I have my engineering interview today as well!! I've got it for Electronics and Electrical Engineering, I have heard the same about the interviews..... Not sure what to expect tbh. I'm just going to go with it

Good Luck to you all!!!!!
    Hi Rishabh, How was your interview yesterday? What did he ask?
    Mine was also yesterday for EEE like you.. Mine was for 30 minutes. Did he give any indication that you did well in interview etc . When are they likely to confirm/revert after interview.

I am really restless to know the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kind3110)
    Hi Rishabh, How was your interview yesterday? What did he ask?
    Mine was also yesterday for EEE like you.. Mine was for 30 minutes. Did he give any indication that you did well in interview etc . When are they likely to confirm/revert after interview.

I am really restless to know the outcome.
    Hello, did you get an offer? Can you give me some advice plz? I will have one for EEE in a month and I will really appreciate your reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths2002)
    Hello, did you get an offer? Can you give me some advice plz? I will have one for EEE in a month and I will really appreciate your reply.
    Yes, I got an offer in about 3 weeks from the interview.
    In the interview-Pl stay calm but not quiet --you know what I mean?
    Be confident , don't be nervous.
    Show your thinking skills.
    They are not bothered with right or wrong answer they just want to see your thought process. Even if you don't know , try attempting it by saying what you think.
    Be thorough with you PS. Expect questions from there .
    Also why Imperial , Why you chose EEE, where do you see yourself in 10 years etc

around 75% of the interviewed candidates get offer so don't worry at all. All the best.
    I am sure you will sail smoothly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kind3110)
    Yes, I got an offer in about 3 weeks from the interview.
    In the interview-Pl stay calm but not quiet --you know what I mean?
    Be confident , don't be nervous.
    Show your thinking skills.
    They are not bothered with right or wrong answer they just want to see your thought process. Even if you don't know , try attempting it by saying what you think.
    Be thorough with you PS. Expect questions from there .
    Also why Imperial , Why you chose EEE, where do you see yourself in 10 years etc

around 75% of the interviewed candidates get offer so don't worry at all. All the best.
    I am sure you will sail smoothly.
    Thanks a lot . Congrats on your offer btw . Besides things you wrote on PS, they do test your physics and maths knowledge right? Did you find it difficult compare to A level?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.