Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had a really weird dream just after graduating so i thought I'd post it here and see if I could get some of yours so here goes.

I had just graduated (in both real life and my dream) when I got a call from my old primary school telling me that my degree was going to be cancelled unless I resit year 4, (so far so weird right it gets better ) because I ad missed one page in one of the english text books(that did actually happen i ardently turned over two pages at once) so I went back school uniform and all. I've had a few like that lately at both primary and secondary level.

What do you think it means and have you had any weird dreams lately?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The medication I take always gives me somewhat weird dreams. Including seeing one of my friends naked.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what your dream might mean, but I've been having A LOT of weird dreams recently, virtually every night, most likely because of my antidepressants. Many of my dreams involve my high school friends (I'm no longer friends with them). My most recent dream, last night, seemed to involve going on a school trip (my dreams tend to rapidly go from one scenario to another), and even in my dream, my friends were ignoring me, just like in real life.

Other times my dreams will be quite disturbing and gory, and other times they will simply be nonsensical and ridiculous.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Might be telling you you've got some unfinished business somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    I had a really weird dream just after graduating so i thought I'd post it here and see if I could get some of yours so here goes.

I had just graduated (in both real life and my dream) when I got a call from my old primary school telling me that my degree was going to be cancelled unless I resit year 4, (so far so weird right it gets better ) because I ad missed one page in one of the english text books(that did actually happen i ardently turned over two pages at once) so I went back school uniform and all. I've had a few like that lately at both primary and secondary level.

Not think/feel that you deserve the degree?

ReputationRep:
    i tend to have interesting dreams if i hit the cheese too hard before bedtime.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it means nothing, dreams are just dreams.

I had a dream about Henrik Ibsen the playwright last night, and he was telling me about 'naturalism' and 'realism'. I am not going to lie, it was AH-MAZING butttt it's because I had been writing an essay on him for hours upon hours these past few days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Lol it means nothing, dreams are just dreams.

I had a dream about Henrik Ibsen the playwright last night, and he was telling me about 'naturalism' and 'realism'. I am not going to lie, it was AH-MAZING butttt it's because I had been writing an essay on him for hours upon hours these past few days...
    so did Herr Ibsen speak to you in Norwegian ? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    so did Herr Ibsen speak to you in Norwegian ? :holmes:
    Nope it was pure English. He was also talking to my english teacher in english.

ReputationRep:
    I woke up in the middle of the night and felt hands resting around my neck. I turned my head to look round and saw my mum's face. She calmly explained that she had had enough of me and was about to kill me. Then, she tightened her grip and started to throttle me. It felt so real...

ReputationRep:
    Last night I dreamt that I was flying someplace with very big designer architecture. I think I was influenced by pictures from this gallery I had been browsing before I went to sleep. I arrived above a structure very like this.
    http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...mpletion#img-5

I dived down into it and had the feeling that I was visiting an alien world on a mission, the details of which have now escaped me.

When I arrived I was with other people but there was stress and anxiety. I can't remember what happened but I do know that it was some sort of police state but with very odd rules, which I was highly concerned about. I lost track of my friends and it was very Kafkaesque. I think I was trying to escape back to my own world, but it was very difficult.

When I woke from the dream I felt pretty bad. My thought was partly that I was anxious about world affairs currently, but also that the oddness of the place, the anxieties of the people in it and the strangeness of everyday life there, very much reminded me that I work in a university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    The medication I take always gives me somewhat weird dreams. Including seeing one of my friends naked.
    Oh stop it you :h:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Not think/feel that you deserve the degree?
    That may of been it I had only just graduated (when I had the dreams) and was struggling at work with something I'm now a lot more confident and don't have the dreams any more but still don't feel I'm done with uni who knows I may go back one day.

ReputationRep:
    That may of been it I had only just graduated (when I had the dreams) and was struggling at work with something I'm now a lot more confident and don't have the dreams any more but still don't feel I'm done with uni who knows I may go back one day.
    Sweet. Its-a-bingo!
    How you finding things after graduation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Sweet. Its-a-bingo!
    How you finding things after graduation?
    Well I'm as I say enjoying work a lot more now I feel more confident. i have unfortunately developed a physical impairment since I left uni which isn't great but I can still ski so thats good.

I am also along side my real job (one using my degree) a ski instructor at my local dry slope.

I really miss uni and often visit the town as much as i can. leaving uni and moving back home isn't a great feeling and once I get the opportunity I'm going to move back to Southampton I'm not under the illusion that life will be the same as uni but I might not mist as much and I love the town.

all in all I have it pretty good (including my Mum's cooking) my parents relies I'm not paid enough and pay for holidays and things which is nice but yeah uni is a bubble and a great time that people often don't appreciate until it's gone it's different not exactly bad but just different once you leave.

ReputationRep:
    After having dreams involving throwing up my own organs and dying, eating poo out of a relative's bum and meeting a cumbrian, clean-shaven dumbledore I have come to the conclusion that most odd dreams mean absolutely nothing of importance.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.