Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for Adult Nursing on 9th December at Burton campus, jut wondered if anyone knows what I can expect, is it just an interview, or tests and group discussions as well? Any help appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just an interview with two of the lecturers.

(Original post by Leigh1609)
    Got an interview for Adult Nursing on 9th December at Burton campus, jut wondered if anyone knows what I can expect, is it just an interview, or tests and group discussions as well? Any help appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi i just had mine today, it was a basic 15 minute interview and all they wanted to know was about me and also a couple scenarios .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mailo)
    hi i just had mine today, it was a basic 15 minute interview and all they wanted to know was about me and also a couple scenarios .
    Thank you for that, fingers crossed you get on the course, did they tell you when they will let you know?

ReputationRep:
    they say it takes up to two weeks... it will be really nerve racking to wait for a yes or no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mailo)
    they say it takes up to two weeks... it will be really nerve racking to wait for a yes or no
    Did you get a reply yet to your interview? Also can I just ask did they ask in your interview anything about things in news at moment to do with NHS, I panicking a bit about what to research don't want to make a fool of myself x

ReputationRep:
    A recent news story (specific to your branch), will be one of the questions asked.

Choose one from here: https://www.rcn.org.uk/newsevents/news

Did you get a reply yet to your interview? Also can I just ask did they ask in your interview anything about things in news at moment to do with NHS, I panicking a bit about what to research don't want to make a fool of myself x

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what you mean by branch? Is that the local area or just uk?

ReputationRep:

im still waiting for a reply they say it takes 2 weeks. to be honest with you i thoughtthey would ask about nhs or news and things like that. but somehow they only asked "tell me about you" and why do you want to be a nurse.....and then 2 senarios ..... i was surprised with the interview . prepare for easy questions so you can answer them without showing panick they need to see if you are sensible. basically common sense that what they are after

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, let me know how you got on when you get a reply x

ReputationRep:
    Branch relates to your nursing pathway: Adult, Mental Health, or Learning Disabilities.

I'd still read up on a recent news story, if i were you.

Good luck.

Can I ask what you mean by branch? Is that the local area or just uk?

ReputationRep:
    hiyaaaa just letting you know i have a conditional offer for adult nursing and mental health nursing just received the offer today im so happy! i had applied for 3 branches but i didn't get the learning disability one ...my first choice was adult nursing and thats the one im going for... good luck on your interview and generally prepare for nhs and the news questions but dont forget the easy ones about you and why you want to be a nurse. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    That's great news that you got an offer for both, which canpus will you be studying at? X

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tips, let me know how you got on when you get a response, hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long x

ReputationRep:
    That's great news that you got an offer for both, which canpus will you be studying at? X
    im at Wolverhampton university! good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    Im so happy. Just got a conditional offer for adult nursing 😏🎉🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatimaT)
    Im so happy. Just got a conditional offer for adult nursing 😏🎉🎉🎉
    congratulations well done !good luck with yourstudies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mailo)
    congratulations well done !good luck with yourstudies
    Thank you 🙌🏾✌🏾️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mailo)
    hiyaaaa just letting you know i have a conditional offer for adult nursing and mental health nursing just received the offer today im so happy! i had applied for 3 branches but i didn't get the learning disability one ...my first choice was adult nursing and thats the one im going for... good luck on your interview and generally prepare for nhs and the news questions but dont forget the easy ones about you and why you want to be a nurse. i personally didn't have any questions besides about myself and about customer in distress but that might be something that my uni uses and not everyone! good luck
    Hi

What do they ask for mental health nursing pliz. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FLAMINGO34)
    Hi

What do they ask for mental health nursing pliz. Thanks in advance
    hi , same questions as for adult and learning disabilities interview... i personally went through 3 interviews in a week and they all asked the same things at the point where kn my 3rd interview i was like bored i had the answers ready😂 just prepare for questions about nhs and the news. i didn't got asked any but just to be safe . if you. ask your university im sure they have advisers who can help you prepare and sit a mock interview. i did that and it really helps. good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 2, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.