Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    This is my understanding of school based teacher training. You work like a full-time teacher but don't get paid unless you already have 3 years experience. I am an EU student and have never been eligible for funding other than the fee loan so I've always had a full-time job. By 2017 which will be my teacher training year I will have been in the UK for 4 years. Will I be able to get any funding to complete the teacher training year? I'm really worried as I don't know if I can keep working full-time while training unless that is not full-time.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    There are different pathways for teacher training. If you will study a PGCE course and now have 3 years residency, you will be able to apply for full funding.

    If you will join a schools direct option, this will depend on whether it is salaried or non- salaried. Please check this with the place you intend to study.

Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.