The Student Room Group

History of Art Applicants 2015/16!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilys7
Has anyone applied/had an interview at Warwick? I applied back at the beginning of November and had the interview offer immediately but the only interview date I could get down there for is this coming 24th. How if anyone has had one, did they find it ? :smile: I've applied for Art History and French at Warwick, Exeter, Nottingham, Durham and KCL (just for French though) btw x

I had one, it's really chill and not formal at all, no worries! I'm 90% sure I'll firm it, it seemed like the right place for me :smile:
Hi Emily, did I meet you today, along with Freya??
Anyone heard from the Courtauld yet? Keep checking my emails all the time haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sadly, no :facepalm: but I think they'll take quite a while to get back to us
Original post by FranScan97
Hi Emily, did I meet you today, along with Freya??

Yes you did! It's so strange putting names online to faces in real life :smile: Did you enjoy the day?
Ooh it is weird! I didn't even click until I looked at this thread :smile: and yeah, I really did- everyone was really nice and the course looked great! How did your interview go?
Ooh it is weird! I didn't even click until I looked at this thread :smile: and yeah, I really did- everyone was really nice and the course looked great! How did your interview go?

I had a really great time actually! I wasn't really sure what to expect but everyone was so lovely! I think (hope) it went okay! Though I didn't realise it at the time I was in the interview for 25 minutes but it went by really quickly and the interview was quite down to earth and friendly :smile: How was yours?
Heard back from St Andrews for French / Art History mix yesterday :smile: now have offers from St Andrews, Edinburgh and Goldsmiths, but still waiting on Courtauld!!! :frown:
Reply 188
Anyone heard from courtauld yet??? What's everyone been told/heard the waiting time usually is? I read somewhere it's 2 weeks but clearly it's not considering it'll be 3 weeks on Friday since my interview :frown:
Mine was on Friday 12th top, and I've not heard either, even though at the interview they said it'd take ten days to two weeks! Haven't heard from UCL either :L
Reply 190
Mine was on Friday 12th top, and I've not heard either, even though at the interview they said it'd take ten days to two weeks! Haven't heard from UCL either :L

how did your interview go? mine was nowhere near as relaxed as they claimed it'd be
Mine neither! The writing part was fine, but I don't know about the second bit... I didn't feel remotely prepared for that bit
Reply 192
Mine neither! The writing part was fine, but I don't know about the second bit... I didn't feel remotely prepared for that bit

i thought the writing bit was fine until i heard what everyone else was saying they wrote and then i was like omg. eurgh i just felt like they were trying to trip me up and find faults in me, not enjoyable! proper shame considering if the interview was lovely it wouldve made me fall in love with the place even more
Yes, same ugh. They kept bringing things up from my personal statement and I was like "..."
It's probably a good thing if you didn't write the same as everyone else and give a generic view of the art, makes you more memorable to the interviewers!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The decision is taking so long from the Courtauld. When do you think they'll tell us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Original post by v-corlh
The decision is taking so long from the Courtauld. When do you think they'll tell us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is a strange analysis, but i was looking over twitter the other day to see if anyone had posted anything and i found that someone had tweeted they were on their way to their interview and then exactly a month later to the day they said they got an offer, so i'm guessing that theyre going to wait exactly a month. which for me is tomorrow :s-smilie:
SAME OMG 😮 will be a nice birthday present if I get accepted!
I've heard back from the Courtauld, they offered me a place!!!!! Happy is an understatement, it's a dream come true. Wait it out, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. And happy birthday Fran!
Thank you! I just got accepted too! Best birthday present ever!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending