Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm confused on what Diceyan Orthodoxy is? I've tried to research it a bit but I struggle to understand just the basics of what it is and I need to understand it in order to understand the rest of the course.
    If anyone can help i'd be so grateful!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Diceyan orthodoxy refers to the expositions(s) of nineteenth century jurist and lawyer A.V. Dicey. More specifically, It refers to Dicey's views on parliamentary sovereignty in his seminal work 'an introduction to the study of the law of the constitution'.

Dicey believed that Parliament is the ultimate law-maker and that it can, as ascribed by the constitution, make or real any law; and that no person or body can override Parliament. Of course, this view is somewhat distorted in contemporary law.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 10, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.