Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I only get the pre-release 3 days before the exam does anyone else have it already?

ReputationRep:
    What pre-release, what are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    The pack with all the texts, critical approaches etc.

ReputationRep:
    We're talking about the War synoptic tomorrow morning right?

ReputationRep:
    Spec. B, not your War Synoptic Spec. A silliness

ReputationRep:
    The national date for the pre-release material is Friday 18th for everyone. I'm getting up to college for 9.30am to get it ASAP, then I'm coming back and annotating it like mad. On the site it says something like, "You cannot make notes that would amount to aides-memoire, or make plans for essays", but **** it, because mine will be full of detailed scrawlings. I hope it's on something nice that I've read. I loved the one on Jane Austen's 'Emma' a few years back.

ReputationRep:
    yes it is on friday , which is very annoying as it was a week before last year, but maybe they'll take this into account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    yes it is on friday , which is very annoying as it was a week before last year, but maybe they'll take this into account
    We should all come online and post our thoughts on the pre-release material on Friday. Here's hoping it'll be something interesting.
    Must get back to revision... bloody law on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thom18)
    We should all come online and post our thoughts on the pre-release material on Friday. Here's hoping it'll be something interesting.
    Must get back to revision... bloody law on Monday.
    very good plan.. see you all friday then!!

ReputationRep:
    fantastic idea - i also have a tutor who will be aiding me with the pre-release, i'll type everything up on here

ReputationRep:
    I will type up my notes also, this is good idea then everyone can get as much help as possible.

Hope material is ok, some years looked really hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxersarecool)
    I will type up my notes also, this is good idea then everyone can get as much help as possible.

Hope material is ok, some years looked really hard!
    Don't worry. It says we can't discuss the material with lecturers and others, which would make it difficult for doing it alone, but with our combined brainpower we'll be able to make it really good. I'm not going to write anything on it for a while, though. I'm going to make notes on a separate sheet and then decide which is the best stuff to write on it (after we have conferred, too). After all, we only get the one booklet and that's it.

However, if we all confer, we might make our Synoptic papers exact duplicates of each other. They may notice something a little off. But bugger it. AQA are foolish. And I certainly hope that they can't find out my name and candidate numebr from this post. Those AQA spies infiltrate all student message boards looking for cheaters.

Speaking of which, offhand, I cheated in a French GCSE paper. I took in crib notes and just copied. It was fun. I got an A.

Crime pays.

ReputationRep:
    But u are allowed to talk to other students about it.
    Just not ur own teacher in case they try and teach u it.
    U don't have 2 hand it u the synoptic material if u don't want 2 do u?

I am goin 2 photocopy mine so can write on it and then make decent notes on final copy

Ally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxersarecool)
    I am goin 2 photocopy mine so can write on it and then make decent notes on final copy
    Good idea.

ReputationRep:
    *bump*
    Well, the pre-release material comes out tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thom18)
    *bump*
    Well, the pre-release material comes out tomorrow.

what was the bump for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    what was the bump for?
    To stop the thread from descending into the slippery depths of time.

ReputationRep:
    I've just picked up the pre-release material.
    It looks hard - it's about "Empire and Ethnicity", with an essay by George Orwell.
    I've got a driving lesson at 11, so I'll be back at 12 to discuss the contents of it in further detail. Let's pass this mofo.

ReputationRep:
    YES !! it's Orwell's 'Shooting An Elephant' read this loads of times for my Orwell Dystopia coursework earlier this year - and Empire is great coz i do British History 1841-85 and a lot on Imperialism and the idea of Empire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    YES !! it's Orwell's 'Shooting An Elephant' read this loads of times for my Orwell Dystopia coursework earlier this year - and Empire is great coz i do British History 1841-85 and a lot on Imperialism and the idea of Empire
    I've never read any of them. I thought it looked bad at first, but it's actually alright. Item 3 is interesting. What are you going to do with the material?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.