The Student Room Group

Help; Which is a better A level subject for Dentistry RS/History or Pshycology?

Hi,
Which is a better A level subject for Dentistry RS/History or Psychology?
I am already looking to pick Biology, Chemistry and Maths but not sure about the fourth.

Thanks
You don't have to pick 4, Its optional. I chose Psychology as my 4th and the rest same as you. I am not doing dentistry. I think it will be better if you do three as you can focus properly on your subjects because right now I think of psychology as a distraction. Like when I got an important test for one of the other three, They give me long homeworks.
History has a better reputation however do whatever you think you could get a better grade in especially for AS. if ur applying for a competitive course like dentistry then a 4th AS would be helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'd say History because it's a lot more respected than Phycology
It doesn't matter. Pick what you wish. The grades in your science subjects is what counts, not the prestige of your 4th a level.

And to all those saying history is more respected, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. That's coming from a person who studies history post grad. It's not a matter about "respect", it's about what dentistry course needs (the science a levels) and then what the OP is good at. The OP (if did history A level) isn't simply going to be picked over somebody with the same grades but with a psychology a level as their fourth subject.

Pick what you enjoy and will get the best grade in.
(edited 8 years ago)
Psychology!!!

Quick Reply

Latest