Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying to medicine through A2B this year? If so have you heard anything back yet? All I have at the moment is a mock interview invitation?

Anyone else just applying to medicine through the standard pathway at Birmingham? Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied through the a2b scheme for dentistry but haven't received anything, not even a mock interview - when did you apply/ receive a mock interview?

If you don't mind me asking what was your ukcat/AS/gcse/predicated grades?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for medicine and have a mock interview on the 3rd of December but haven't got a real interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, when did you receive your mock interview? and was it via email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    Hi, I applied through the a2b scheme for dentistry but haven't received anything, not even a mock interview - when did you apply/ receive a mock interview?

If you don't mind me asking what was your ukcat/AS/gcse/predicated grades?
    I applied on the 15th October,and I got a mock interview invitation on the 6th November, for the 25th of November.

Predicted - AAA
    GCSE's - 1 A*, 8 A's, 2 B's, 1 C
    My UKCAT was 600 average, with Band 1.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was via email. I received the invitation on the 6th November, the interview is for the 25th November

ReputationRep:
    I received it yesterday and yes, it was via email. Although I did email them earlier yesterday asking about the A2B mock. I'm not sure whether that prompted them to send me the invitation earleir or not. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jpw1097)
    I received it yesterday and yes, it was via email. Although I did email them earlier yesterday asking about the A2B mock. I'm not sure whether that prompted them to send me the invitation earleir or not. Good luck.
    Thank you, you too! I'm just curious to whether our applications get considered later for actual interview because we are doing A2B, I know that when you put an application in it goes to A2B offices first to be approved and then to your subject teachers after, so perhaps that's why we haven't received real interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregambrose)
    Thank you, you too! I'm just curious to whether our applications get considered later for actual interview because we are doing A2B, I know that when you put an application in it goes to A2B offices first to be approved and then to your subject teachers after, so perhaps that's why we haven't received real interviews yet?
    Yeah I thought it may have something to do with that, at least I hope so. It seems as though they're blitzing through interviews now and I was starting to get a bit concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought it may have something to do with that, at least I hope so. It seems as though they're blitzing through interviews now and I was starting to get a bit concerned.
    Same here, well at least k haven't of any A2B students receiving interviews yet, which is positive. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, well at least k haven't of any A2B students receiving interviews yet, which is positive. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer.
    I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    So what are your stats then?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps I should email?

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 15th October,and I got a mock interview invitation on the 6th November, for the 25th of November.

Predicted - AAA
    GCSE's - 1 A*, 8 A's, 2 B's, 1 C
    My UKCAT was 600 average, with Band 1.
    Your stats are very similar to mine, I have AAA predicated with 1a* 7a's and 3b's at gcse along with a average of 590 in the UKCAT, although I haven't yet even received a mock interview- I am applying for Dentistry not Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Your stats are very similar to mine, I have AAA predicated with 1a* 7a's and 3b's at gcse along with a average of 590 in the UKCAT, although I haven't yet even received a mock interview- I am applying for Dentistry not Medicine.
    Do you think A2B applicants might have to wait a bit longer to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think A2B applicants might have to wait a bit longer to hear back?
    I would guess that there could be a possible delay of about a day but nothing major.

ReputationRep:
    I would guess that there could be a possible delay of about a day but nothing major.
    I just mean because Birmingham are handing interviews out now and by the looks of it on last years A2B medicine thread people seemed to be getting real interviews during the last week or two of November. So surely there's more interviews to hand out?

ReputationRep:
    So what are your stats then?
    My stats are above, I posted them earlier

ReputationRep:
    I just mean because Birmingham are handing interviews out now and by the looks of it on last years A2B medicine thread people seemed to be getting real interviews during the last week or two of November. So surely there's more interviews to hand out?
    Thanks what I noticed as well, I just really hope that's the reason! Since the mock interview invite I haven't heard anything. Also I think it would take longer than a day to process an A2B application

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard anything!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.