Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i broke my ankle last year, the (my luck) i did it to the other one last tues., but some of you have had to have worse that that...

ReputationRep:
    My worst sporting injury so far was a frontal flip at about 30mph on ice resulting in a fractured fibia. Quite mmild.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    My worst sporting injury so far was a frontal flip at about 30mph on ice resulting in a fractured fibia. Quite mmild.
    how long did the recovery take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flds07)
    how long did the recovery take?
    How do you mean? Until i was out of the cast? Until i was able to run? etc.

ReputationRep:
    I broke vertabrae in by back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    How do you mean? Until i was out of the cast? Until i was able to run? etc.
    both, everything, whatever you remember!

ReputationRep:
    snapping of tendon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I broke vertabrae in by back.
    ooh! how?? when was that? how long did it take to run or even walk properly?

ReputationRep:
    I broke my wrist playing basketball then continued playing for 10 minutes .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    snapping of tendon
    that must've hurt

how'd you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I broke my wrist playing basketball then continued playing for 10 minutes .
    lol

what position do you play...?
    i was limping around on a broken ankle for a few hours until it just hurt too much..

ReputationRep:
    Ok firstly i got a full leg cast in plaster of paris which weighed a ton. I had that for about a week. When i cam back to the UK i got the full leg cast removed and got a glass-fibre (i think that's what it's called) from below my knee. I think that was on for about 4 weeks or so. It took between 1-2 weeks for the muscle to build up back to normal and it was ok. I could run on it after about a week of the removal of the cast but i was advised against it for about a month after. From what i recall.

ReputationRep:
    that must've hurt

how'd you do it?
    ehh nah it was ok, did it during rugby match against Millfield, that guy is an idiot

ReputationRep:
    hmm..

i sliced my eyebrow open when i run into the bannister in the hall! because of my brother

i've put my two front teeth through my tongue after getting a bit too excited when bugs bunny was starting! because of my brother

almost bust my nose a couple of times - my brother's fault

done my coxix (sp?) in a couple of times too - not because of my brother but because of my lack of balance! weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i haven't broken a bone yet though - perhaps my brother will do that to me one day to top off his list!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    This may be of some relevance http://www.uk-learning.net/t41975.html
    oh, well, i need some more really horriffic stories to cheer me up about being sucha klutz and breaking my ankle

ReputationRep:
    ooh! how?? when was that? how long did it take to run or even walk properly?
    Basketball Nationals, I was hot favourite to make Australia, but NO, bloody Kayla Beexly...She must die... Um recovery took around a year, considering I also got glandular fever at the same time, I had a brace on for a little while but becuase the breaks didnt shatter I could walk about really slowly, just couldnt go to school for a while. Ive had to give up on professional becuase something happend when I had glandular fever as well and I wasnt as energetic for a long long time, but im ok now though!!!

ReputationRep:
    Badily bruised my finger once playing netball and badly bruised my elbow when i fell of a bike, although i was playing the violin again a few days after!!! :rolleyes:

I am really lucky that i don't get many injuries - never had anything broken (touch wood never will!!! )!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    hmm..

i sliced my eyebrow open when i run into the bannister in the hall! because of my brother

i've put my two front teeth through my tongue after getting a bit too excited when bugs bunny was starting! because of my brother

almost bust my nose a couple of times - my brother's fault

done my coxix (sp?) in a couple of times too - not because of my brother but because of my lack of balance! weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i haven't broken a bone yet though - perhaps my brother will do that to me one day to top off his list!

wow, i think that tops the list

ReputationRep:
    lol

what position do you play...?
    i was limping around on a broken ankle for a few hours until it just hurt too much..
    Point guard . It was just a training session, but I didn't realise I'd broken it at first. Then I just played through the pain. Then I collapsed from pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Sally)
    Badily bruised my finger once playing netball and badly bruised my elbow when i fell of a bike, although i was playing the violin again a few days after!!! :rolleyes:

I am really lucky that i don't get many injuries - never had anything broken (touch wood never will!!! )!!!
    is netball like basketball?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.