Turn on thread page Beta

what was your worst injury? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i wrecked my back last year doing a brilliant ski jump, but landed on a really uneven bit of snow, went flying and my skis should have come off. i'm having physio for it at the moment because it got aggravated when i wrote my car off (f***ing d***head who drove into me)

the same holiday i managed to knock myself out snowboarding (wasn't dramatic tho, i'd never done it before, fell back and caught my head on an icy bit of snow)... oh and i ended up being carried down the mountain by a very scrummy ski instructor, never quite lived that down (and made other girlies very jealous cos they'd been trying to get his attention all week)
    lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flds07)
    oh, well, i need some more really horriffic stories to cheer me up about being sucha klutz and breaking my ankle
    When i was younger i got a plank of wood stuck into my head. I didn't have any idea about it. Only knew when my mum was putting a wet tissue or something on it to stop the bleeding.

ReputationRep:
    is netball like basketball?
    Sort of - the only difference is with netball you can't move with the ball - you have to throw it once you catch it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    When i was younger i got a plank of wood stuck into my head. I didn't have any idea about it. Only knew when my mum was puting a wet tissue or something on it to stop the bleeding.
    don't mind me asking, but how does someone manage to get a plank of wood stuck in their head?!?!?

lol... wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    When i was younger i got a plank of wood stuck into my head. I didn't have any idea about it. Only knew when my mum was puting a wet tissue or something on it to stop the bleeding.
    oooh, that's pretty bad!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Sally)
    Sort of - the only difference is with netball you can't move with the ball - you have to throw it once you catch it
    thats sounds hard.. how many players? 5? like basketball?

ReputationRep:
    thats sounds hard.. how many players? 5? like basketball?
    No - 7

ReputationRep:
    i broke my ankle last year, the (my luck) i did it to the other one last tues., but some of you have had to have worse that that...
    i broke my finger playing netball once... lol.

Another time I fell off a horse into a fence and got concussion... I still can't remember what happened... I ended up staying in hospital overnight...

ReputationRep:
    don't mind me asking, but how does someone manage to get a plank of wood stuck in their head?!?!?

lol... wow
    We had a hole in the fence to the next door neighbour's garden. I was playing a game with my brother, he kicked it over and i went into their garden through the hole. We did it a few times and on one of the times as i went into their garden they were standing by the window and staring at me. I bolted back into my garden through the hole in my fence, not realising that there was a piece of broken fence that was pointing downwards. As i ran through the hole i caught the piece of fence with my head and the rest is history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainat87)
    i broke my finger playing netball once... lol.

Another time I fell off a horse into a fence and got concussion... I still can't remember what happened... I ended up staying in hospital overnight...
    do you still ride..?

ReputationRep:
    urghhh i've just remembered my dad's... he dislocated his kneeecap skiing (maybe my family should avoid this sport) and it went right round to the back of his leg... he then skiied to the bottom of the mountain (he'd been off piste- he was a brilliant skiier). it still causes him problems like 30 years later and he's had to have operations on his back cos of it.lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    We had a hole in the fence to the next door neighbour's garden. I was playing a game with my brother, he kicked it over and i went into their garden through the hole. We did it a few times and on one of the times as i went into their garden they were standing by the window and staring at me. I bolted back into my garden through the hole in my fence, not realising that there was a piece of broken fence that was pointing downwards. As i ran through the hole the i caught the fence with my head and the rest is history.
    :eek: ohhhh! man, that must have hurt!

ReputationRep:
    After a bullying incident I couldn't walk my knee was hurting very badly. Later in the evening my knee was like a ballon so my dad rushed me to hospital, it turned out I had fractured a ligament and had internal bleeding. They told me if I didn't get it checked out I would have died. It was ok in the end but I had a month of school and was crutches for a few months afterwards. I still get trouble with my knee now.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: ohhhh! man, that must have hurt!
    I won't even say about my brother's injury. Unless you really want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    urghhh i've just remembered my dad's... he dislocated his kneeecap skiing (maybe my family should avoid this sport) and it went right round to the back of his leg... he then skiied to the bottom of the mountain (he'd been off piste- he was a brilliant skiier). it still causes him problems like 30 years later and he's had to have operations on his back cos of it.lou xxx
    that sucks.. i mostly just fall on my butt and have a bruised ass by the time the ski vaca. is over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I won't even say about my brother's injury. Unless you really want?
    hmmm........

maybeh, if you think itz a good 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    After a bullying incident I couldn't walk my knee was hurting very badly. Later in the evening my knee was like a ballon so my dad rushed me to hospital, it turned out I had fractured a ligament and had internal bleeding. They told me if I didn't get it checked out I would have died. It was ok in the end but I had a month of school and was crutches for a few months afterwards. I still get trouble with my knee now.
    died?!?!?! eek! :eek: i would have totally freaked out

ReputationRep:
    hmmm........

maybeh, if you think itz a good 1
    They are quite good.

We were getting a hair-dryer out of the cupboard and my brother was standing on a chair. He threw it on the floor and told me to move it (although i didn't hear) he closed the cupboard and jumped off the chair landing foot first on a three pronged plug from the hairdryer.

ANother one was when he was playing football. He played as goalkeeper. He went in for a challenge; the player must have had steel studs; because the next thing my brother knew was he had some huge gash just by his knee. He got pulled off the pitch and the game resumed. He went to hospital and got about 12 or so stitches in his leg. You can still see the scar now.

ReputationRep:
    died?!?!?! eek! :eek: i would have totally freaked out
    It wasn't too bad, the nurse just had to get rid of a load of blood from my knee the bleeding healed itself so luckily I didn't need any operations so all they did other than the usual fracture thing is pump a load of blood out of me, I did faint as well due to blood loss but it wasn't enough to cause any real long term problems so I didn't need any extra blood.

I had another injury in a PE as well and was hospitalised I just broke my ancle but it wasn't really serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    They are quite good.

We were getting a hair-dryer out of the cupboard and my brother was standing on a chair. He threw it on the floor and told me to move it (although i didn't hear) he closed the cupboard and jumped off the chair landing foot first on a three pronged plug from the hairdryer.

ANother one was when he was playing football. He played as goalkeeper. He went in for a challenge; the player must have had steel studs; because the next thing my brother knew was he had some huge gash just by his knee. He got pulled off the pitch and the game resumed. He went to hospital and got about 12 or so stitches in his leg. You can still see the scar now.
    oooooh! wow.. i would not want to be your brother.. well, um..., you know what i mean

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.