Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what was your worst injury? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    play sum rugby. i stopped for a while when i got a tooth knocked out as i had no mouthguard, my own fault

i dont care if i break the nose it doesnt hurt much, as long as u dont swim (the pressure underwater was amazingly painful when i went)

and ppl do get it straightened asap or ull have 2 do what im doing after the exams... get the ent ppl 2 rebrake it, shave off sum bone (apparently theres odd reformation of the bone now) and then u have a weirdo cast for 6 weeks (which means i have 2 hide at home cz they lk ****)

i rly shud b working but wallowing in my own self pity is making me feel like giving up and not going 2 uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goliath)
    i dont care if i break the nose it doesnt hurt much,
    Except when it swells, also it won't look as good as before. My friend walked around school with that huge pad over his nose when he got punched. It didn't look too good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flds07)
    sorry (knd of off the subject,) but what time is it in the U.K.? (in understandable english please) lol
    what time is where you are?

ReputationRep:
    if u get ice on it soon it shudnt swell much...

the worrying thing was that the nurse at skool sed i was fine when i broke it the 1st time and sent me on my way, with a plaster on my nose (not only lkd crap but made my glasses difficult 2 wear) but my english teacher noticed asap and sent me home :eek:

im not very happy bout that as it costs a bomb 2 go 2 my skool... makes me wunder where my parents money is going :confused:

the thing is that ill b on summer hols with the pad so i shudnt have 2 c ne1 i know (till results day when ill know my results on the net, so will go in l8 and in disguise...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goliath)
    (till results day when ill know my results on the net, so will go in l8 and in disguise...)
    Make sure it's not too good a disguise or they may not give you your results

ReputationRep:
    Umm I've never broken a bone in my body, but I have been cut quite a few times by sharp objects. And once when my sister got a new cat it attacked me and scratched the skin off my thighs. Well not all the skin but it still hurt and I bled.

ReputationRep:
    Broke a finger playing basketball.
    Got a suspected broken rib in a mountain bike crash.
    Crushed the epiphyses (that soft bit of your bone while you're still growing)at the top of my left humerus in another mountain bike crash. That was quite funny because on the X-ray the doctor explained I should have this grey region where the epiphyses was but instead all I had was a line
    Apart from that I always get scrapes that seem to scar. Last time I was messing around with a friend and I tripped over and dropped to my knees onto a piece of broken flint that left a dent in my knee and now that's scarring up too

My Dad wins injury lists though. He had a major car crash before I was born. He broke both wrists and ankles. Broke part of his hip at the front and also broke his sacrum so his hip was essentially in 2 pieces. One femur rammed itself through its socket into his hip. He sustained major damage to one elbow to the extent he almost lost that arm. He suffered substantial damage to the cervical region of his spine (he can't turn his head very far to the right anymore) and he needed plastic surgery for the damage to his face. At least one injury will be giving him grief at any one time, and he still needs surgery from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    burning my arm up in a fire.....really hurt(s) still got teh scar!!!! not big but its there to remind me of my misfortune!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.