Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance 2nd time round watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, quick question.

I did a HND (In College) a while ago and due to circumstances, I failed and would now like to try again in university. The HND I attended was 2 years long, now from what I have been reading I understand that a student is entitled to 4 years of student finance. Which is an arse as this course is 3 years long.

Would I be able to claim the other 2 years? Or 3 Years ?

Any Infomation is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Chris
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

The funding available for your new course would be as following

If your new course is 3 years then it would be 3+1=4-2= 2 years remaining.

This would be funded in your 2nd and 3rd year of the new course and in 1st year maintenance loan only.

If the reason you left your previous course was due to compelling personal reasons then you are able to submit evidence of this for example doctors letters, letter from university/college explaining the reasons why you could not complete we can look into giving you an extra year of funding.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information, would I be able to change the circumstances to allow me to get the first 2 years of the course fees and leave me to pay for the last one? This would be easier in the long run for myself, or is this a set rule to the terms of the fees?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

This is not possible it is set that we pay the final years of the course and the students fund the first years themselves.

Thanks.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.