The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP :( Apprenticeship or Sixth Form??

Its took me a long while to settle into sixth form. Like i literally mean 3 months and im still edgy. I have moments through the day where i wonder why im there and i could cry at the work load. Some mornings im excited to get the day out the way and other morning i just want to cry and stay home. The doctor has prescribed me tablets to try and battle my severe anxiety. I have an interview in the morning for an apprenticeship in accountancy. This is a big interest of mine and this is what i hoped to pursue in the future after university. But now that i hate sixth form i dread to think what uni would be like. I HATE being by myself for things. This is a big hate of mine and for this reason i'm unsure on the apprenticeship. I cant decide whether i'm just looking for a sixth form escape route or whether an apprenticeship would do me the world of good. Please help me :frown:
Reply 1
If you wanna go to a respected uni later on in life then you'll have to go sixth form and go get the a levels. You just gotta keep going, working hard and you'll eventually get there. Also uni is a lot less stressful than sixth form, doing a levels is harder!

I'd say just keep yourself motivated and finish sixth form. As for taking an apprenticeship, if its right for you and you're sure you can't take anymore of sixth form go for it. But like i said i recommend to keep working hard and stay on.
I think you should go talk to your teachers and discuss your problems, maybe even get some help outside of school like a psychiatric or who ever u go to these dayss!
Reply 2
that has helped a lot, thank you :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest