Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How should I deal with this woman and her friends, I'm sick of ignoring it. watch

Announcements

I'm very quiet and this woman seems to dislike me even though I've done nothing to her. She fell out with a guy also on our nursing course in our group and basically it kind of split the group, I chose to hang around with him at lunch times etc as opposed to her and her clique. The head tutor has had meetings with our group due to the problems between the woman the the guy (who I hang around with) and although things have calmed down between them to I still have to put up with their attitude towards me, even though I've not been involved in their altercations, in fact I'm not even sure what started it all lol. It's just what she is like, in the group meetings she started crying so I guess the tutor then felt sorry for her. She has this attitude towards me I think because of this and makes remarks, like I walked in once and she said 'Jesus what happened to you, you forgot about your hair today' which it probably was lol but she makes others laugh at the expense of me. I don't even care about my hair it's short I'm more of a tomboy so she didn't bother me, just made me secretly annoyed.

As I said I'm jjust not assertive at all though and extremely quiet maybe this is where I go wrong. I was in the toilet cubicle and heard her walk in with the others. When I came out they all went quiet then her friend said 'it's a good job we wernt *****ing about katie like we normally do, oh well your not bothered anyway are you'. I just went quiet and ignored her saying something odd like 'no I go deaf' lol. If I speak in class or answer a question I see the woman look at her friend sat next to her and smirk so I don't like saying much in class anymore even though sometimes I would like to contribute.

I'm only small but am physically fit and strong for my size so am not really scared of her, I mean I've not really been letting their words get to me. I was thinking of approaching the woman when I see her on her own so she doesn't have the backup of her friends and maybe threatening her a little, I don't want her to see me as this weak thing anymore who she take take the mick out of. Just wanted advice.

sorry maybe shouldn't have used the anon function but it's kind of a personal issue to me.

ReputationRep:
    just tell her what you think of her and shell shut the hell up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.