Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hay feaver cures? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by аmеxblack)
    I think it's hardly worth getting prescriptions for such cheap medicine. In the ages you'll have to wait at the surgery, you'll probably pick up something much worse than hayfever , just to save a few £s And I like to do my bit to help the NHS!
    i first got it years ago + then just put it on a repeat prescription.

and i don't care about the NHS, i work for them so i feel i do my bit (and repeat prescriptions are literally a click of a button on the computer)

lou xxx

edit: eeek and i've just noticed what bout said picking something up there... do you know how many hours i'll be there in the summer?! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by аmеxblack)
    I think it's hardly worth getting prescriptions for such cheap medicine. In the ages you'll have to wait at the surgery, you'll probably pick up something much worse than hayfever , just to save a few £s And I like to do my bit to help the NHS!
    True plus you have to fill in a form (is it E11?) for students to get free perspriptions. Its different if you're going to the doctors anyway I suppose. The last time I had a perspription I never actually bothered getting the drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i first got it years ago + then just put it on a repeat prescription.

and i don't care about the NHS, i work for them so i feel i do my bit (and repeat prescriptions are literally a click of a button on the computer)

lou xxx
    Careful you don't overdo it on the morphine lass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Careful you don't overdo it on the morphine lass.
    i haven't had morphine since i was about 5. it's literally like 1, maybe 2 packs of hayfever tablets a year. although at the mo i have painkillers as well (which my mum has also 'misplaced' so my back wrecks)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    True plus you have to fill in a form (is it E11?) for students to get free perspriptions. Its different if you're going to the doctors anyway I suppose. The last time I had a perspription I never actually bothered getting the drugs.
    No that's for going abroad.

The form is HC2 but you have several restrictions on income and savings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    No that's for going abroad.

The form is HC2 but you have several restrictions on income and savings.
    That probably won't effect me I have no savings and don't earn much, my parents don't have any savings either but I guess it depends on what the earning limit is.

ReputationRep:
    i haven't had morphine since i was about 5. it's literally like 1, maybe 2 packs of hayfever tablets a year. although at the mo i have painkillers as well (which my mum has also 'misplaced' so my back wrecks)

lou xxx
    Couldn't send me some free pills could you?

ReputationRep:
    Hayfever medication is all bloody useless, dammit.

ReputationRep:
    go the doctors or chemist. i've found clarityn are good (i get them on prescription so i get them free)

lou xxx
    Tesco have BOGOF on clarityn at the mo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I have hey feaver quite badly and keep sneezing however every time I do my stiches really hurt and its very emberassing in public when I am almost on floor with pain. I keep trying to hold my sneezes in but I have a really bad saw through now.

Is their any easy cure other than locking myslef in my bed room?
    i take clarityn (get it on prescription so it's free) and i had a steroid injection as well this year but neither worked very well, was still sneezing and had to give up on revision for two days because i couldn't open my eyes...but yesterday i had a session of kineisology (a mixture of homeopathy, reflexology, iridology) and i feel so much better already! might be worth looking into?

ReputationRep:
    All the men in our family have hayfever, none of the women, they're sneezing all over the place, eyes are red too. it really bad.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I take sainsburies loratadine one a day tablets 99p for 7 days worth (I don't get free prescriptions) - it's the same as the stuff in claratyn but much cheaper, I don't get on with the stuff that's in benadryl/piriton - it doesn't seem to ease my symptoms at all.

I've also got one of these in my bedroom to reduce crusty-eye ness in the mornings and itchy eye-ness in the evenings http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...419233-1683008

Washing your hair regularly and keeping it tied back if it's long helps (as pollen can stick to your hair). As can putting vaseline around and up your nostrils - looks a bit daft but it does work.

ReputationRep:
    As can putting vaseline around and up your nostrils - looks a bit daft but it does work.[/QUOTE]

My dad does that, fills his nostrils up with it, looks so daft, but surprising it helps, so am i right that the pollen would stick to the vaseline?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Babygal)
    My dad does that, fills his nostrils up with it, looks so daft, but surprising it helps, so am i right that the pollen would stick to the vaseline?
    Yes but the vaseline stops it from coming into contact with your nose and so stops you from reacting to it

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.