This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by аmеxblack)
I think it's hardly worth getting prescriptions for such cheap medicine. In the ages you'll have to wait at the surgery, you'll probably pick up something much worse than hayfever , just to save a few £s And I like to do my bit to help the NHS!
i first got it years ago + then just put it on a repeat prescription.

and i don't care about the NHS, i work for them so i feel i do my bit (and repeat prescriptions are literally a click of a button on the computer)

lou xxx

edit: eeek and i've just noticed what bout said picking something up there... do you know how many hours i'll be there in the summer?! lol
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by аmеxblack)
I think it's hardly worth getting prescriptions for such cheap medicine. In the ages you'll have to wait at the surgery, you'll probably pick up something much worse than hayfever , just to save a few £s And I like to do my bit to help the NHS!
True plus you have to fill in a form (is it E11?) for students to get free perspriptions. Its different if you're going to the doctors anyway I suppose. The last time I had a perspription I never actually bothered getting the drugs.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i first got it years ago + then just put it on a repeat prescription.

and i don't care about the NHS, i work for them so i feel i do my bit (and repeat prescriptions are literally a click of a button on the computer)

lou xxx
Careful you don't overdo it on the morphine lass.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Careful you don't overdo it on the morphine lass.
i haven't had morphine since i was about 5. it's literally like 1, maybe 2 packs of hayfever tablets a year. although at the mo i have painkillers as well (which my mum has also 'misplaced' so my back wrecks)

lou xxx
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
True plus you have to fill in a form (is it E11?) for students to get free perspriptions. Its different if you're going to the doctors anyway I suppose. The last time I had a perspription I never actually bothered getting the drugs.
No that's for going abroad.

The form is HC2 but you have several restrictions on income and savings.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
No that's for going abroad.

The form is HC2 but you have several restrictions on income and savings.
That probably won't effect me I have no savings and don't earn much, my parents don't have any savings either but I guess it depends on what the earning limit is.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i haven't had morphine since i was about 5. it's literally like 1, maybe 2 packs of hayfever tablets a year. although at the mo i have painkillers as well (which my mum has also 'misplaced' so my back wrecks)

lou xxx
Couldn't send me some free pills could you?
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hayfever medication is all bloody useless, dammit.
Homegrownkitten
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
go the doctors or chemist. i've found clarityn are good (i get them on prescription so i get them free)

lou xxx
Tesco have BOGOF on clarityn at the mo
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I have hey feaver quite badly and keep sneezing however every time I do my stiches really hurt and its very emberassing in public when I am almost on floor with pain. I keep trying to hold my sneezes in but I have a really bad saw through now.

Is their any easy cure other than locking myslef in my bed room?
i take clarityn (get it on prescription so it's free) and i had a steroid injection as well this year but neither worked very well, was still sneezing and had to give up on revision for two days because i couldn't open my eyes...but yesterday i had a session of kineisology (a mixture of homeopathy, reflexology, iridology) and i feel so much better already! might be worth looking into?
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
All the men in our family have hayfever, none of the women, they're sneezing all over the place, eyes are red too. it really bad.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I take sainsburies loratadine one a day tablets 99p for 7 days worth (I don't get free prescriptions) - it's the same as the stuff in claratyn but much cheaper, I don't get on with the stuff that's in benadryl/piriton - it doesn't seem to ease my symptoms at all.

I've also got one of these in my bedroom to reduce crusty-eye ness in the mornings and itchy eye-ness in the evenings http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...419233-1683008

Washing your hair regularly and keeping it tied back if it's long helps (as pollen can stick to your hair). As can putting vaseline around and up your nostrils - looks a bit daft but it does work.
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As can putting vaseline around and up your nostrils - looks a bit daft but it does work.[/QUOTE]

My dad does that, fills his nostrils up with it, looks so daft, but surprising it helps, so am i right that the pollen would stick to the vaseline?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Babygal)
My dad does that, fills his nostrils up with it, looks so daft, but surprising it helps, so am i right that the pollen would stick to the vaseline?
Yes but the vaseline stops it from coming into contact with your nose and so stops you from reacting to it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (55)
44%
Take exams next summer (24)
19.2%
Change uni choice through clearing (30)
24%
Apply to uni next year instead (13)
10.4%
I'm not applying to university (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads