Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just curious about what the best piece of advice people have been given. It'll be an interesting read and also probably helpful for people. Let us know who gave you the advice and the reason behind it if you like x

ReputationRep:
    My mum always said this to me when i was younger and hardly ever completed anything i started;

"Whenever you're doing something, make sure you do it to the best of your ability. It's better not to do it at all, than to start and not finish or not do it well".

She mostly said it to me whenever i'd sweep and not collect the rubbish after.

It helped me as i was growing up and eventually i turned out a perfectionist lol

ReputationRep:
    Girls come and go
    Grades stick for life :yep:

ReputationRep:
    When I was a very small child I was told putting your hands in the toaster is dangerous. Definitely the best piece of advice I ever got, without knowing that I'd have been in some deep ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Old Me)
    Hi,

Just curious about what the best piece of advice people have been given. It'll be an interesting read and also probably helpful for people. Let us know who gave you the advice and the reason behind it if you like x
    Not be a materialistic idolizing sheep

ReputationRep:
    'Never grow old young raddy'

ReputationRep:
    Try to learn from all your mistakes and hardships.

ReputationRep:
    *after I had my finger sliced by the hair dyer* Mum said "always check the back of the hair dyer to see if the back is still on"

ReputationRep:
    "Ban your TSR account".

ReputationRep:
    Don't believe in love at first sight, it means you fell for their looks and not their personality :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Unless your first sight was them doing something that showed their personality like seeing them donate to charity or helping someone in which case love at first sight is believable but its more love at first personality?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.