Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

list ALL your hobbies/interests watch

ReputationRep:
    i just filled out the interests part of my profile and it got me thinking that there are so many things i'm interested in and i've not really clarified to myself what they are. so then i thought to myself well y not create a thread about interests to hear everyone else's interests and maybe we can get ideas from one another so here's that thread wowies let's discuss interests

here's my list so far:

architecture, interior design, gardening, engineering, the venus project, anthropology, sociology, philosophy, animal rights, environmentalism, wildlife conservation, political/social/economic activism, renewable energy, nuclear disarmament, recycling and upcycling, travel, journalism, critical writing, creative writing, reading, graphic design, drawing and colouring, painting, videography, photography, game design, app design, gaming, fantasy, fairytales, disney princesses, once upon a time, rick and morty, adventure time, pokemon

it got rly specific at the end there

your turn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairytalecolours)
    i just filled out the interests part of my profile and it got me thinking that there are so many things i'm interested in and i've not really clarified to myself what they are. so then i thought to myself well y not create a thread about interests to hear everyone else's interests and maybe we can get ideas from one another so here's that thread wowies let's discuss interests

here's my list so far:

architecture, interior design, gardening, engineering, the venus project, anthropology, sociology, philosophy, animal rights, environmentalism, wildlife conservation, political/social/economic activism, renewable energy, nuclear disarmament, recycling and upcycling, travel, journalism, critical writing, creative writing, reading, graphic design, drawing and colouring, painting, videography, photography, game design, app design, gaming, fantasy, fairytales, disney princesses, once upon a time, rick and morty, adventure time, pokemon

your turn
    masturbation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    masturbation
    i suggest picking up a book

ReputationRep:
    i suggest picking up a book
    about masturbation?

ReputationRep:
    Eating
    Sleeping
    Gaming

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    about masturbation?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

(Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    Eating
    Sleeping
    Gaming

:cool:
    what games do you like?

ReputationRep:
    I want to be the very best, like no one every was

ReputationRep:
    Interests: Languages, God, religious figures, History, Art, Music and the history/criticism of it, poetry, prayer, activism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pockii)
    I want to be the very best, like no one every was
    i'm going to make every pokemon out of clay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Interests: Languages, God, religious figures, History, Art, Music and the history/criticism of it, poetry, prayer, activism
    cool, i like languages too which do you speak? and theology is interesting for sure

ReputationRep:
    My list:

TSR

ReputationRep:

what games do you like?
    Lool, my man talks about Masturbation, and you hand him a book on spiritual enlightenment.:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    cool, i like languages too which do you speak? and theology is interesting for sure
    I'm learning arabic, my uni does loads of european languages as outside courses so I'm picking them next year

what languages do u want to learn?

ReputationRep:

what games do you like?
    GTA 5, Uncharted, Batman, Destiny, The Last of Us, Far Cry, Battlefield 3, Bioshock Infinite and more
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

here's my list so far:

your turn
    Liking the Rick and Morty/Adventure Time there :cool:

So for me...
    Science
    In particular fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, space exploration, chemistry, quantum mechanics, relativity, nuclear power, volcanology (within this I have even more specific interests) and various assorted bits of news I read about virology, pseudoscience, computer science, cyber security etc. Pretty much most science areas can be interesting although I'm definitely not interested in all science that everyone does!
    Mathematics
    I'm kinda interested in fractals (and how they related to my work in volcanology), prime numbers, irrational numbers, complex numbers, vector fields. I recently found out about knot theory and that's pretty cool, too.
    Photography
    Particularly landscape, wildlife and astrophotography
    History
    Particularly the early medieval period in England, the Roman republic, WWI in Europe, WWII in Europe and prehistoric Britain. I also have a soft spot for some of the antiques on Storage Hunters
    Historical Reenactment
    Early medieval period, mostly I'm interested in the combat side of things although I was reading about ecclesiastical matters this evening.
    Theology
    Real Time Strategy games
    AOEII for life.
    Hiking
    Travelling
    Languages

I suck at learning them, but I'm, fascinated by them. I want to try and learn Esperanto, though.
    Music
    Listening to it, discussing it, playing it, recording it, supporting it at gigs and by buying it, learning about theory, learning about specific genres in specific regions. Mostly interested in folk metal, black metal, blackened folk metal, traditional folk music, 1970s folk revival and 1970s progressive rock. All of these from the UK.
    Home Brewing
    Alcohol in general
    Coin collecting
    Cooking

Probably more but that's the jist of it. Writing all of that makes me seem like a much busier person than I really am!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Girlguiding (in particular brownies)
    Classic minis
    reading
    listening to music

ReputationRep:
    Science - virology in particular
    Sociology
    Wildlife
    Gaming
    Music
    Singing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Travelling , reading

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.