Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would like to apply for two different courses social work and adult nursing, I need help writing my personal statement !

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this helps at all but the staff at my sixth form said you can do one of two things when applying for more than one course. You can either split the word count/lines between the two, so in essence you have two personal statements or you can find aspects of the the two courses that are the same and the write about them and what they will mean for you to help in the future etc.
    I hope that this has helped
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I would really advise against it as you ll look uncommitted to either choices really
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    For such different courses, you can't write one - you should be talking about (either) wanting to be a nurse, or being a social worker - not both.

ReputationRep:
    In all honestly i think by applying for both you are putting your self at a disadvantage Nursing tends to be easier to get into competition for limited social work places is intense. If they see your not even sure then you probs wont stand much of a chance, The deadline is still a while off take the time to better research both careers

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.