Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are you the same on TSR as IRL? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    TSR is a great place. For me, its a place where I can say things that I probably can't get away with saying "IRL" without getting a slap, fist or bullet wound.

Contrary to what some of you think, I do not tell girls that I think they're all gold-diggers IRL. Im actually reasonably charming. Also, I'm not as elitist, as pretentious, as insulting or as narcissistic.

These are all things I want to be and are probably a truer reflection of my character, but IRL, people can hit you. On TSR, they can't.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    On TSR I'm 3pac Aka the fire spitter
    Irl I'm just Ahmed..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Irl I'm just Ahmed..
    Whats the difference between 3pac and 'just Ahmed' ?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'm the same(ish)

ReputationRep:
    I'd say so yes, can't see how I act any differently online/IRL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I'd say so yes, can't see how I act any differently online/IRL
    In real life would you honestly walking around wearing a t-shirt of two guys kissing furiously ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    In real life would you honestly walking around wearing a t-shirt of two guys kissing furiously ?
    nothing :z

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much,
    but it's not 100% me
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    yeah i'm similar in rl life i just don't talk as much in rl life

ReputationRep:
    I dont know this weird thing happened. When I first went on TSR, I felt like my "online" persona was much different to how I was in real life but slowly by slowly, I BECAME the "online" persona in real life. So now I can say that yeah I am pretty much the same person online and offline which I wouldnt have been able to say a year ago.

Internet has taken over my entire life O.O

ReputationRep:
    No my avatar IRL is different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Irl I'm just Ahmed..
    gg
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    TSR is a great place. For me, its a place where I can say things that I probably can't get away with saying "IRL" without getting a slap, fist or bullet wound.

Contrary to what some of you think, I do not tell girls that I think they're all gold-diggers IRL. Im actually reasonably charming. Also, I'm not as elitist, as pretentious, as insulting or as narcissistic.

These are all things I want to be and are probably a truer reflection of my character, but IRL, people can hit you. On TSR, they can't.

How about you?
    im very quiet and timid in real life, i guess this is where i release all the energy and get a little cuckoo sometimes

ReputationRep:
    im probly smarter on tsr

ReputationRep:
    I would like to say I am, but I can never be too sure.

ReputationRep:
    Nope IRL I don't talk to people.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to explain, when I'm around cool people, yeah probably.

Normally I don't like talking in groups because I have have that feeling one of them is going to be a turd and just attack one of the things I say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I dont know this weird thing happened. When I first went on TSR, I felt like my "online" persona was much different to how I was in real life but slowly by slowly, I BECAME the "online" persona in real life. So now I can say that yeah I am pretty much the same person online and offline which I wouldnt have been able to say a year ago.

Internet has taken over my entire life O.O
    Haha - funny thing, this thread title was originally going to be "How was TSR changed the way you behave IRL?" but then I thought may be that only applies to me lol

There are so many things where this applies to me.

Like on TSR, when you see some annoying loser posting about something thinking they're being creative or funny and you read the first sentence and its so bad, you just think 'Nah' and skip to the next post. Well nowadays IRL, i find that i just interrupt people almost as soon as they start talking something I find annoying lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    im very quiet and timid in real life, i guess this is where i release all the energy and get a little cuckoo sometimes
    Good on you man, good on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    gg
    ff 20

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.