Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

B880 - NHS Operation Funding Bill 2015 (Second Reading) watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    B880 - NHS Operation Funding Bill 2015 (Second Reading), The Hon. Hazzer1998 MP
    NHS Operation Funding Bill 2015

An Act to Limit the certain types of operations available on the National Health Service

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1) Definitions
    (1) " Operations " In this act shall refer to an act of surgery on a patient
    (2) " Funding" In this act shall refer to money provided especially by an organisation or Government for a certain purpose
    (3)"life style choice operations" in this act shall refer to Non essential , Voluntary, Non urgent operations that the individual has chosen to have
    (4)"Essential" In this act shall refer to an operations that is preformed on a elective or emergency basics
    (5)"non essential" shall refer an operations that is not nessercly and is a personal choice by the individual

2) Funding for Operations
    (1) Operations deemed to be relating to lifestyle choices shall no longer be provided by the NHS except in exceptional circumstances
    (2) The funding saved from no longer providing these services will remain available within the NHS budget.

3) Types of Operations
    (1) IVF Treatment will remain available on the IVF however a selection process to make sure the female is suitable for IVF Treatment and to make sure the treatment is effective as possible and will be at the NHS discretion
    (2) Cosmetic Surgery will only be used for reconstructive purposes however any other form of cosmetic surgery will not be available on the National Health Service
    (3) Operations of a religious nature will no longer available on the NHS

4) Commencements , extent and short title
    (1) This Act may be cited as the NHS Operation Funding Bill 2015
    (2) This Act comes into force on the 1st of January 2016

Spoiler: show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The NHS was set up to protect the health and well-being of the British Public but should not spend obscene amounts of money on non-essential procedures whist people with actual health issues suffer . the NHS should be a " Safety net " for the United Kingdom that concentrates of individuals that have essential health issues

Therefore funding for " life style choices " operations will stop and will no longer be available on the NHS . The " Life style choices " operations are:

- Gender Transformation Operations
    - Bariatric Operations
    - Cosmetic Surgery
    - Aesthetic plastic surgery
    - Religious Operations ( circumcision )

Comestic and Plastic Surgery
    There is a difference between Cosmestic and plastic Surgery and they have different goals , cosmetic surgery enhances a persons appearance focuses on repairing defects to reconstruct a normal function

Cosmetic Surgery will only be available for reconstructive surgery purposes only ,however it will be at the NHS discretion

IVF
    From Feedback i;ve decided to reverse the decision to remove IVF Treatment from the NHS but will be under conditions as said in section 3.1 IVF Operations will be at NHS Discretion and a selection process will come into effective to make sure the candidate is suitable and treatment is effective as possible

Religious Operations
    All Operations of a religious nature will not available or funded by the NHS

Changes for 1st Reading
    Spoiler: show
    Spoiler:
    Show

1) Added New section ( section 3 )
    2) IVF Treatment ( see section 3 and notes )
    3) Cosmetic Surgery ( See section 3 and notes )
    4) More detailed Notes ( see notes )

ReputationRep:
    No, No, No
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by United1892)
    No, No, No
    What's wrong with it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    What's wrong with it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gender transformation should continue to be available as should gastric bands.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've Been quite lenient and reversed my decisions on IVF and Reconstructive Cosmetic Surgery But i wasn't going to move on Gender transformation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I've Been quite lenient and reversed my decisions on IVF and Reconstructive Cosmetic Surgery But i wasn't going to move on Gender transformation
    This would simply lead to more transgender suicides and to classify it as a "lifestyle choice" when it is simply the way they are born is wrong. Stopping gastric bands would cost us money in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Nay
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This would simply lead to more transgender suicides and to classify it as a "lifestyle choice" when it is simply the way they are born is wrong. Stopping gastric bands would cost us money in the long run.
    Bariatric Operations Cost the NHS Roughly £85Million Every year , there are other ways of losing weight

ReputationRep:
    Bariatric Operations Cost the NHS Roughly £85Million Every year , there are other ways of losing weight
    But it costs more if the person stays obese and we have to pay for their health problems. It's simply cheaper.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It seems like the Hon. member's changes are unrelated to the first reading debate.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes a bariatric surgery is needed on top of other methods. People that undergo bariatric surgery MUST fulfill some requirements and MUST also do some lifestyle changes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    It seems like the Hon. member's changes are unrelated to the first reading debate.
    He has budged on IVF but much of it has been ignored.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Nay - reasons stated by United

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think The Right Honourable Member will find that they changes are related

1) Members expressed that IVF Should still be funded on the NHS see Section 3 and Notes
    2) Members expressed reconstructive Cosmetic surgery should be funded again see section 3 and notes while i imagine other honourable members will want to make ammendments theses are the main ammends I found people talking about the most

ReputationRep:
    But it costs more if the person stays obese and we have to pay for their health problems. It's simply cheaper.
    I completely agree with United regarding gastric bands and transgender ops. The gastric band I find very surprising because it is a long term saver.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Horse walks into a bar,

It says "nay"

ReputationRep:
    Nay. There's nothing you can change to make me support this.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    PRSOM
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think The Right Honourable Member will find that they changes are related

1) Members expressed that IVF Should still be funded on the NHS see Section 3 and Notes
    2) Members expressed reconstructive Cosmetic surgery should be funded again see section 3 and notes while i imagine other honourable members will want to make ammendments theses are the main ammends I found people talking about the most
    OK, you've ignored half of the debate.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    OK, you've ignored half of the debate.
    Which is normally the case

No doubt the government will do exactly the same with the SoI

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.