B880 - NHS Operation Funding Bill 2015 (Second Reading)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
B880 - NHS Operation Funding Bill 2015 (Second Reading), The Hon. Hazzer1998 MP
NHS Operation Funding Bill 2015

An Act to Limit the certain types of operations available on the National Health Service

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1) Definitions
(1) " Operations " In this act shall refer to an act of surgery on a patient
(2) " Funding" In this act shall refer to money provided especially by an organisation or Government for a certain purpose
(3)"life style choice operations" in this act shall refer to Non essential , Voluntary, Non urgent operations that the individual has chosen to have
(4)"Essential" In this act shall refer to an operations that is preformed on a elective or emergency basics
(5)"non essential" shall refer an operations that is not nessercly and is a personal choice by the individual

2) Funding for Operations
(1) Operations deemed to be relating to lifestyle choices shall no longer be provided by the NHS except in exceptional circumstances
(2) The funding saved from no longer providing these services will remain available within the NHS budget.

3) Types of Operations
(1) IVF Treatment will remain available on the IVF however a selection process to make sure the female is suitable for IVF Treatment and to make sure the treatment is effective as possible and will be at the NHS discretion
(2) Cosmetic Surgery will only be used for reconstructive purposes however any other form of cosmetic surgery will not be available on the National Health Service
(3) Operations of a religious nature will no longer available on the NHS

4) Commencements , extent and short title
(1) This Act may be cited as the NHS Operation Funding Bill 2015
(2) This Act comes into force on the 1st of January 2016

Spoiler: show
Spoiler:
Show
The NHS was set up to protect the health and well-being of the British Public but should not spend obscene amounts of money on non-essential procedures whist people with actual health issues suffer . the NHS should be a " Safety net " for the United Kingdom that concentrates of individuals that have essential health issues

Therefore funding for " life style choices " operations will stop and will no longer be available on the NHS . The " Life style choices " operations are:

- Gender Transformation Operations
- Bariatric Operations
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Aesthetic plastic surgery
- Religious Operations ( circumcision )

Comestic and Plastic Surgery
There is a difference between Cosmestic and plastic Surgery and they have different goals , cosmetic surgery enhances a persons appearance focuses on repairing defects to reconstruct a normal function

Cosmetic Surgery will only be available for reconstructive surgery purposes only ,however it will be at the NHS discretion

IVF
From Feedback i;ve decided to reverse the decision to remove IVF Treatment from the NHS but will be under conditions as said in section 3.1 IVF Operations will be at NHS Discretion and a selection process will come into effective to make sure the candidate is suitable and treatment is effective as possible

Religious Operations
All Operations of a religious nature will not available or funded by the NHS

Changes for 1st Reading
Spoiler: show
Spoiler:
Show

1) Added New section ( section 3 )
2) IVF Treatment ( see section 3 and notes )
3) Cosmetic Surgery ( See section 3 and notes )
4) More detailed Notes ( see notes )
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, No, No
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by United1892)
No, No, No
What's wrong with it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
What's wrong with it now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gender transformation should continue to be available as should gastric bands.
username1899909
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've Been quite lenient and reversed my decisions on IVF and Reconstructive Cosmetic Surgery But i wasn't going to move on Gender transformation
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hazzer1998)
I've Been quite lenient and reversed my decisions on IVF and Reconstructive Cosmetic Surgery But i wasn't going to move on Gender transformation
This would simply lead to more transgender suicides and to classify it as a "lifestyle choice" when it is simply the way they are born is wrong. Stopping gastric bands would cost us money in the long run.
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay
username1899909
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This would simply lead to more transgender suicides and to classify it as a "lifestyle choice" when it is simply the way they are born is wrong. Stopping gastric bands would cost us money in the long run.
Bariatric Operations Cost the NHS Roughly £85Million Every year , there are other ways of losing weight
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bariatric Operations Cost the NHS Roughly £85Million Every year , there are other ways of losing weight
But it costs more if the person stays obese and we have to pay for their health problems. It's simply cheaper.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It seems like the Hon. member's changes are unrelated to the first reading debate.
macarenafc92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
sometimes a bariatric surgery is needed on top of other methods. People that undergo bariatric surgery MUST fulfill some requirements and MUST also do some lifestyle changes
United1892
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
It seems like the Hon. member's changes are unrelated to the first reading debate.
He has budged on IVF but much of it has been ignored.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay - reasons stated by United

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1899909
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think The Right Honourable Member will find that they changes are related

1) Members expressed that IVF Should still be funded on the NHS see Section 3 and Notes
2) Members expressed reconstructive Cosmetic surgery should be funded again see section 3 and notes while i imagine other honourable members will want to make ammendments theses are the main ammends I found people talking about the most
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But it costs more if the person stays obese and we have to pay for their health problems. It's simply cheaper.
I completely agree with United regarding gastric bands and transgender ops. The gastric band I find very surprising because it is a long term saver.

Posted from TSR Mobile
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Horse walks into a bar,

It says "nay"
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay. There's nothing you can change to make me support this.
GaelicBolshevik
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PRSOM
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think The Right Honourable Member will find that they changes are related

1) Members expressed that IVF Should still be funded on the NHS see Section 3 and Notes
2) Members expressed reconstructive Cosmetic surgery should be funded again see section 3 and notes while i imagine other honourable members will want to make ammendments theses are the main ammends I found people talking about the most
OK, you've ignored half of the debate.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OK, you've ignored half of the debate.
Which is normally the case

No doubt the government will do exactly the same with the SoI

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (94)
61.44%
No (59)
38.56%

Watched Threads