Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I got a call today for an interview with a schools direct provider (WYTA) and it is on Thursday. I am bloody bricking it as last Friday I had not even sent off my application. I have been told it will involve and interview, written tasks (please explain what these mean if you can), bring in an object as a starting point and teach 28 children maths (year 1 and 2) for 30 mins.

Can someone please help me with advice.

ReputationRep:
    Hope it went well! Sorry I wasn't able to help.

ReputationRep:
    how was your interview? hope it went well.i have applied for SD waiting for an interview

ReputationRep:
    How did it go? and are there any tips you can give the rest of us (not that I even have an interview yet )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I find that the school direct interviews are the most intense interviews yet seem to accept people that have less experience than those applying for uni based PGCE's
    I know of one that includes a group discussion, presenting individual interviews to the group, working in a class as a support role, planning and implementing an activity with a class, panel interview and then school council interview with the children to round it off!! And that doesn't even include the initial interview with the university that has to be completed beforehand!

To be honest, despite feeling like school direct is the best route for me, the whole interview process puts me off!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.