Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts on guys wearing Shoe Lifts? watch

ReputationRep:
    you put them in the sole of your shoes, and they give you an extra 1.5/2 inches of height?

Girls mainly, what are ur thoughts on this?
    People argue its the same as women wearing makeup or wearing heels?

What would you think of a man that is clearly feeding his insecurity and wears lifts to look taller?

Go into as much detail as you want..

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Swings and roundabouts.

I think it would be viewed very negatively if people knew, but I don't think there's any logical reason for that. As you say, I don't think there's any logical distinction between shoe-lifts and makeup/pushup bra.

If people didn't know, I wouldn't really think there'd be a problem though. If you're a short guy, then a bit of extra height would obviously help.

(Original post by FatehL)
    you put them in the sole of your shoes, and they give you an extra 1.5/2 inches of height?

Girls mainly, what are ur thoughts on this?
    People argue its the same as women wearing makeup or wearing heels?

What would you think of a man that is clearly feeding his insecurity and wears lifts to look taller?

Go into as much detail as you want..

thanks
    Wow if you're that insecure to wear lifts that really says something about you.
    If you're quite short (eg. < 5ft 9) then fair enough otherwise, its just a joke.
    I'm 6ft 1 (Not that tall I know) and have never considered myself in need of lifts.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    If you're quite short (eg. < 5ft 9) then fair enough otherwise, its just a joke.
    I'm 6ft 1 (Not that tall I know) and have never considered myself in need of lifts.
    Lol I assume anyone considering wearing shoe lifts would definitely be below 5ft9.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I assume anyone considering wearing shoe lifts would definitely be below 5ft9.
    5'7 1/2

ReputationRep:
    well .. girls wear makeup, fake eyelashes, padded bras and padded crap for the ass too ... doesn't matter if you wear heels, if any girl says anything about them call her out on her makeup use

ReputationRep:
    at least heels are more visible and serve aesthetic value - so not comparable

tight clothes aren't deceitful, just present existing features well - so not comparable to this either

however, i dont see how its different to padded bras

therefore

i lament than you feel the need/desire to do so, but if you want to, go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bealzibub)
    well .. girls wear makeup, fake eyelashes, padded bras and padded crap for the ass too ... doesn't matter if you wear heels, if any girl says anything about them call her out on her makeup use
    Agree about padded bras/butt pads etc but makeup/heels are a bit different IMO, because it's fairly obvious when a girl is wearing makeup or heels. Shoe lifts are hidden (like with padded bras etc) - that said, wouldn't really bother me but I'd rather the person I'm with be comfortable enough to not need shoe lifts. But we all have our insecurities, if they make you feel more confident OP then just wear them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Agree about padded bras/butt pads etc but makeup/heels are a bit different IMO, because it's fairly obvious when a girl is wearing makeup or heels. Shoe lifts are hidden (like with padded bras etc) - that said, wouldn't really bother me but I'd rather the person I'm with be comfortable enough to not need shoe lifts. But we all have our insecurities, if they make you feel more confident OP then just wear them.
    we are in sync :five:
    Spoiler:
    Show

but i did (just) beat u to it js

ReputationRep:
    wear what the hell you like, idgaf.

ReputationRep:
    Extreme case of short man syndrome.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it. Like you said, women wear heels and makeup, so why can't men wear heels?

ReputationRep:
    If looking 1.5 inches taller or not makes or breaks it for you with a girl then she probably isn't worth your time...
    I guess you are more hoping for general confidence assistance though in which case meh, if you want to wear it go ahead. 5'7 is pretty normal short though, nothing crazy.

ReputationRep:
    :confused:

Obviously you don't.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    http://www.blogandotudo.com.br/wp-co...lson_ha_ha.png

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    If looking 1.5 inches taller or not makes or breaks it for you with a girl then she probably isn't worth your time...
    Well if you're less than 1.5 inches shorter than a girl, then for a lot of, I imagine that could very well be "make or break".

It's surely common knowledge that most girls wouldn't want to date a guy who is shorter than her.

I don't see why that would mean a girl "isn't worth your time". Sexual relationships are based a lot on physical attraction. :p: How's a girl judging a guy on his height any different than a guy judging a girl on her face?

ReputationRep:
    So basically a comfortable version of high heels. Men have it so easy!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    did you know the late elvis presley wore 2.3 shoe lifts, he was 5'11.75 182cm and was made himself just over 6ft 2

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.