The Student Room Group

Dominos driver didn't say a single word when handing me my two pizzas. Complain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kyou
Too lenient. Life imprisonment or even death by firing squad would be fitting.

Scum of this earth.

Wot? I thought you are going to ask parliament to have him hanged, drawn and quartered.
Reply 21
Original post by ubisoft
No. His job was to deliver the pizza to you. He did it.

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kka25
Wot? I thought you are going to ask parliament to have him hanged, drawn and quartered.

Upon contemplation, I have decided that stoning be apt for this scum.
Original post by Ya Dunno
Aw that's kind of harsh, why would you do that to the poor guy?

His job is to deliver you the pizza not make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

The dude did his job correctly, give him the decency of a good rating. :/

Politeness costs nothing. Lack of politeness costs you your job at Woody's house :u:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Politeness costs nothing. Lack of politeness costs you your job at Woody's house :u:

Wow, that's just unbelievable!!:indiff:

EDIT: Repped by accident.

Except for the little chunks of your soul that fall off every time you're berated by your manager for not providing that undue politeness. The worst the guy should suffer is the loss of any chance of a tip. The food service industry sucks, don't screw these people over.
If you want your pizza delivered that will be £6.50 an hour. You want a smile? Living wage. If you pay them the bare minimum expect the bare minimum. That said, he probably didn't get a tip from you since he wasn't polite but I hardly blame him.

Original post by Kyou
Yeah, who wouldn't be ecstatic delivering a pizza on minimum wage which you can't even eat, at 1am in the morning.

OP, don't take it to heart. Put yourself in his shoes.

Original post by driftawaay
So you want to be one of those annoying customers who make min wage workers life a living hell. Leave the guy alone.

Exactly. it would take him hours to earn enough just to buy that pizza. Think about that?
Original post by Ya Dunno
Wow, that's just unbelievable!!:indiff:

EDIT: Repped by accident.

:rofl: Thanks :biggrin:

P.S. You've seen/quoted/repped a lot of my posts, you should know by now that if I'm being a **** I'm probably just having a laugh :wink: I never filled a survey in my life :lol: and I let them keep the change if they're chirpy :redface:
Original post by i<3milkshake
If you want your pizza delivered that will be £6.50 an hour. You want a smile? Living wage. If you pay them the bare minimum expect the bare minimum. That said, he probably didn't get a tip from you since he wasn't polite but I hardly blame him.

Exactly. it would take him hours to earn enough just to buy that pizza. Think about that?

You hardly blame him for not being polite why exactly? I said thanks, he said nothing. It would take most people here hours to buy that pizza, just like it took me, unless they're on £25 per hour, what's your point? If he wanted I could have given him a piece. All he had to do was ask politely.

So we just have no customer service in society nowadays? I mean the pizza is grossly over-priced as it is.
I thought you were ordering pizzas, not friends. You got what you needed.
You're an idiot. It's not that deep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by LeftWingMoron
Also he phoned me early and I had to wait at the door while he was parking then handing me the pizzas. I said thanks, he said nothing. Is this acceptable behaviour?

Give him a break, don't be a fanny.
Get a life. It's people like you who make life harder for other people because of insignificant things like this, stop thinking about yourself and acknowledge that other people might have problems too. ****.
:rofl: Thanks :biggrin:

P.S. You've seen/quoted/repped a lot of my posts, you should know by now that if I'm being a **** I'm probably just having a laugh :wink: I never filled a survey in my life :lol: and I let them keep the change if they're chirpy :redface:

:lol: Yeah I had an inkling that you were joking, so I kind of played along.

And yeah, I know your amusing posts oh to well by now to ever take you too seriously.:rofl:
Most staff in a shop don't bat an eyelid when you enter or ask you for help.

At least he brought your pizza :smile:
what a moron
Original post by Kyou
Too lenient. Life imprisonment or even death by firing squad would be fitting.

Scum of this earth.

Nope.

Next time a drone will deliver your pizza and with an automated "i love you here's your pizza"

Either provide the service or do something else.

Complain OP - £20 for a bit of dough and cheese and not even a thank you have a good night.

Disgusting.
Reply 37
Original post by LeftWingMoron
Also he phoned me early and I had to wait at the door while he was parking then handing me the pizzas. I said thanks, he said nothing. Is this acceptable behaviour?

You are ordering pizza at 1 in the morning though like..

Saying that, the driver should have acknowledged you and it is within his job role to actually hand you the food and double check it is all there, tell you what's what etc. Not that ANY of them do this!

But most delivery drivers at Dominos get quite an easy run of things anyway to be honest. Possibly minimum wage but that's irrelevant, plus delivery money that in my experience they all make profit off then annoyingly brag about (so in store staff get paid hourly and no extras, do more work and have it rubbed in), plus tips.

Because people will moan about paying £20 for pizza but willingly give the driver (who just drove from A to B) a £5 tip. Baffling.
Original post by Jim-Jam
You are ordering pizza at 1 in the morning though like..

Saying that, the driver should have acknowledged you and it is within his job role to actually hand you the food and double check it is all there, tell you what's what etc. Not that ANY of them do this!

But most delivery drivers at Dominos get quite an easy run of things anyway to be honest. Possibly minimum wage but that's irrelevant, plus delivery money that in my experience they all make profit off then annoyingly brag about (so in store staff get paid hourly and no extras, do more work and have it rubbed in), plus tips.

Because people will moan about paying £20 for pizza but willingly give the driver (who just drove from A to B) a £5 tip. Baffling.

I would never EVER tip a pizza delivery driver. What is this capitalist murica brah?!
I wouldn't say it's worthy of a complaint because it's a lack of positive things he's done, rather than any negative things.
As has been said, if you get a feedback survey feel free to put it as "ok" but don't go any lower than that, he's not getting paid enough to give you silver service...

Quick Reply

Latest