Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm currently doing my final year at college and I'm a few days away from submitting my UCAS application! However I am scared I won't even get considered for Psychology at Liverpool.. I currently do an extended diploma in health and social care level 3 at college and I meet the GCSE requirements for psychology.. I'm targeted D*D*D and the entry requirements is DDD, despite this, will Liverpool consider btecs because they can be seen as lower than A Levels? Or does this all depend on my personal statement!?

Thank you in advance guys!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3beccaann)
    Hey, I'm currently doing my final year at college and I'm a few days away from submitting my UCAS application! However I am scared I won't even get considered for Psychology at Liverpool.. I currently do an extended diploma in health and social care level 3 at college and I meet the GCSE requirements for psychology.. I'm targeted D*D*D and the entry requirements is DDD, despite this, will Liverpool consider btecs because they can be seen as lower than A Levels? Or does this all depend on my personal statement!?

Thank you in advance guys!!
    They are not seen as lower, they are equal

They have also listed the qualification on their website for entry so of course that means they accept it and as long as you meet the requirements, have a decent personal statement and reference you should be fine

I know several people at Liverpool who did BTEC Extended Diplomas

EDIT: also if you get D*D*D you can go on to the integrated Masters course - Psychology MPsycholSci (Hons) which is really beneficial as if you decide to do a masters you will get the same funding as you do for undergraduate whereas if you decide to apply for a masters after you get your initial degree you dont, also there is no oblication to do the 4th year if you dont want to, well worth applying for if you are on track for the grades to do so (D*D*D)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.